1.    #1  
    Hi,
    because of the bigger screen res and the highres icons of the system apps and a few others its a shame to have may apps stuck with the lowres blurry ones icons between those highres ones
    Maybe we could put together a collection or maybe even a commandline installer (if we have collected some replacement icons). Cause lets face it, some of those apps will surely never see an update again.

So if you have highres icons or ideas where to get those please post them!

UPDATE:
    So several apps have more than one icon in its directory (phnx, internalz for example) some even feature highres icons but they wont use them on the pre. Which icons get normaly loaded on the pre3 the 64x64 or 48x48?

UPDATE 2012-08-09:
    So i attached my first replacement icons for anyone who likes to use them.
    - Koto Player
    - Titan Stopwatch
    - Govnah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 08/09/2012 at 03:49 AM.
    do you mean just better quality/detailed icons or ones of an actual larger pixel size?

personally i quite like the smaller kind, showing more on screen rather than the ios method of marginally larger icons but with tons more gapped space.

then again variety is good, tho that does mean someone woudl spend a lot of time making a lot of similar themed icons.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    do you mean just better quality/detailed icons or ones of an actual larger pixel size?

personally i quite like the smaller kind, showing more on screen rather than the ios method of marginally larger icons but with tons more gapped space.

then again variety is good, tho that does mean someone woudl spend a lot of time making a lot of similar themed icons.
    Yes only higher quality/detailed icons but like the same proportions.
    I think the normal icon res is 64x64 but the standard on the pre3 (for the system apps) is 256x256 or 128x128 i think, because of that they are much more detailed and not blurry.

Like i said some apps have those icons in the app folder allready but use the 64x64 ones, like phnx (twitter client) for example. so replace the icon.png (or icon64.png) with the icon256.png looks much better but the size on the screen stays the same.
  4.    #4  
    a little update on this, i allready created one or two icons but they are not really finished yet.

Trying to create a new template for the icons (Settings, Apps) i soon realised i lack the skills for this
    Maybe someone with more photoshop/gimp skills can do this for me?

Attached to the post are a few official icons in high res (taken from my pre3) showing the background tempates. I think someone with more skills could create 2 seperate templates out of this...
    Attached Images Attached Images