1.    #1  
    I just got my Verizon Pre3 today, and got it set up and working on the Network. Basically, following the process for manual programming for the Pre 2 got it working for me. I've wanted a WebOS phone for a long time now, but just managed to make the switch, due to my Droid 3 having a horrible bug, forcing me to need a new phone.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on all roads for me to take with my new device. I know there are topics about this already, however most of them seem to only have one or two suggestions, and a lot of searching in the topics are required to find the pertinent information. I was hoping that I could maybe get a concise summary of how to get my homebrew and other webos basics set up, as well as the particulars that I might need to know or be aware of specific to the Pre3.

Thanks,

-God Ginrai
    1) Update to webOS 2.2.4 - it fixes a number of annoying bugs

2) Try it for a week before adding any patches. That's hardly enough time to master the ins and outs of the stock experience. If you run into problems, you'll want to know they're NOT triggered by patches. And developers give less attention to bug reports from patched systems. If you decide to install patches, wait several days between each. Likewise, the Pre3 is fast enough that you don't need to overclock it.

3) For homebrew, start with Preware, of course: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

4) The only two patches I use are Max Blocker and Muffle System Logging -- and I don't even notice much effect from them.

5) If you want to do something impressive, and you've got a friend with a Touchpad or a Pre3, my Zap Photoshare does Touch-to-Share: Zap Photoshare Features