webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > webos account on pre3
webos account on pre3

Old 08/03/2012, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Finally got my pre 3 phone set up on Verizon. YEA!! The only issue I have now is that I cannot set up my palm profile email account on the phone. Since I had to go into devmode to set up phone, I was past the setup menu. Is there a way to set up your hp webos email address after you set up your phone? After this, my phone setup will be complete.

My pre 3 works!!
rogerk1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2012, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

App Launcher > Backup > App Menu (Preferences) > Palm Profile

And YAYz on the activation!!!
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2012, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Once you use DEVMODE, lots of things happen, first there is a bypass first use profile, second the NOVACOMD is triggered by a flag file to start.

The easy way, is do a full erase, it will put you back to the start of the first use (this will also erase everything on the phone), but as you do not have a profile that should not matter, and as you are now activated, you should not need a WiFi/bypass activation patch...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2012, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Congrats! I second the full erase as the best move.
Old 08/03/2012, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
App Launcher > Backup > App Menu (Preferences) > Palm Profile

And YAYz on the activation!!!
Well, I have tried that. It will not let me put my palm profile email address in. Can't figure out what the problem is.
Old 08/03/2012, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
Once you use DEVMODE, lots of things happen, first there is a bypass first use profile, second the NOVACOMD is triggered by a flag file to start.

The easy way, is do a full erase, it will put you back to the start of the first use (this will also erase everything on the phone), but as you do not have a profile that should not matter, and as you are now activated, you should not need a WiFi/bypass activation patch...
that worked...thanks..
Old 08/04/2012, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Glad it worked for you Roger

And welcome to the Small but Vocal Family of Pre3 on Verizon.

Cheers
wizard83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2012, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Did you upgrade to the Pre 3 from another Palm/Hp phone?

If so, you will need to go into your profile through a web browser and remove the old phone before you can effectively use the account with your new Pre 3.
PreProponent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Just got a new Verizon Hp Pre 3 off ebay. Added phone to my Verizon plan successfully. Phone asks to setup WebOS account, but is unable to complete the setup. At the top of the screen, no data service is displayed, only signal bars. I am sure I am in a good coverage area as my other Verizon phone works fine. Any suggestions?
swalker007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2014, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

I just got a new Verizon Pre 3 as well. I had no trouble activating it on TracFone, but I can't sign in to my existing webOS account. Should I remove my old Pre 2 phone from my profile's device list on the HP website? Will that cause problems if I give up on the new phone and need to return to my Pre 2?
emilbauman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0