1.    #1  
    I recently bought a HP Pre3 for Verizon on ebay. It was described as having activation issues and on further query, I was informed that the unit had not been flashed. I thought I could just flash it and that would be the end of my problems. Not so. I did flash it to 2.2.4 and then attempted to activate. The usual *228 did not work so I called Verizon for assistance. They did attempt to manually program it. The good news was that it managed to get on the network and the 3G icon showed up and surfing and email functioned just fine. The bad news was the phone part was not functioning. No outgoing calls, and no incoming calls and not text messages in or out. The weird thing was that the phone came to me and popped up with 8 voicemails (phantom?) that I can't access since they aren't associated with my account. It appears the phone part of it won't let go and connect to my network. It shows my phone number and everything seems right but it just won't connect to the phone side of the Verizon network. I re-doctored and essentially have tried everything short of throwing it out the window to no avail. Is there a way to make this phone go back to factory defaults as if it were fresh out of the box? I would love to have this unit up and running. The interface is simply, clean and elegant. Anyone out there have any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamom View Post
    I recently bought a HP Pre3 for Verizon on ebay. It was described as having activation issues and on further query, I was informed that the unit had not been flashed. I thought I could just flash it and that would be the end of my problems. Not so. I did flash it to 2.2.4 and then attempted to activate. The usual *228 did not work so I called Verizon for assistance. They did attempt to manually program it. The good news was that it managed to get on the network and the 3G icon showed up and surfing and email functioned just fine. The bad news was the phone part was not functioning. No outgoing calls, and no incoming calls and not text messages in or out. The weird thing was that the phone came to me and popped up with 8 voicemails (phantom?) that I can't access since they aren't associated with my account. It appears the phone part of it won't let go and connect to my network. It shows my phone number and everything seems right but it just won't connect to the phone side of the Verizon network. I re-doctored and essentially have tried everything short of throwing it out the window to no avail. Is there a way to make this phone go back to factory defaults as if it were fresh out of the box? I would love to have this unit up and running. The interface is simply, clean and elegant. Anyone out there have any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    No experience with that. Does *228 option 1 result in "...programmed successfully! Goodbye!" as well as a blue notification? What about *86?
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  3.    #3  
    *228 doesn't go through. #832 which is Verizon's complimentary phone call doesn't go through either. No tones can be heard at all. After a period of time the message of that service being temporarily unavailable pops up. In desperation, I even tried *22891, a number I saw on a post here, and that resulted in my not even being able to activate my old phone. Apparently the network saw that failure and tagged my account with a notation that I needed to call customer service. I let it go and by morning I was able to reactivate my Palm Pre Plus. The best way I can describe it is that the phone is stuck on the previous owner's ID and isn't able to release it, if that makes any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamom View Post
    *228 doesn't go through. #832 which is Verizon's complimentary phone call doesn't go through either. No tones can be heard at all. After a period of time the message of that service being temporarily unavailable pops up. In desperation, I even tried *22891, a number I saw on a post here, and that resulted in my not even being able to activate my old phone. Apparently the network saw that failure and tagged my account with a notation that I needed to call customer service. I let it go and by morning I was able to reactivate my Palm Pre Plus. The best way I can describe it is that the phone is stuck on the previous owner's ID and isn't able to release it, if that makes any sense.
    OK, as far as I know the phone app can not be the cause of the issue if you are using the correct doctor. Did the VZW tech take you through Service Programming using ##000000#?
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  5.    #5  
    "OK, as far as I know the phone app can not be the cause of the issue if you are using the correct doctor. Did the VZW tech take you through Service Programming using ##000000#? "

Yes, as well as #3282. I have compared all the setting from my old phone to the Pre3 and everything that is on both phones is identical. I think the problem is tied to those 8 voicemails that keep popping up and won't go away.
    OK. In the Phone app -> Preferences is World Phone (all the way at the bottom) set to Global Mode or CDMA mode? Anything else in there look funny?

Do you have a SIM card installed?
    I was digging through my TP's filesystem and found a modem debugging tool that has options to program the modem. I'll see if I can find the path to it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    OK. In the Phone app -> Preferences is World Phone (all the way at the bottom) set to Global Mode or CDMA mode? Do you have a SIM card installed?
    The sim card was installed. The Verizon rep had me check CDMA mode. I have tried it with and without the sim card, and while in Global mode, the phone won't connect to network at all. When I had the phone partially on network, (had data but no cell support), the phone acted like it was on network, it just wouldn't complete an OTA program. I would like to note that when I reactivated my Pre Plus this morning, I watched and saw a quick message about SPL unlock go by as it was programming. I wonder if that is part of the problem since I can't get OTA programming on the Pre 3, that the SPL is locked on to where it was originally and won't unlock and accept the new location.
  9.    #9  
    I might add that I was able to sign in to my WebOS profile, sync my email, download maps, etc. I just was not able to use the phone. Also, at the very beginning, I did get the phone activated message after answering the questions about language, and such. It is just that problem with the 8 voicemails that keeps popping up and the phone part of it being dead. When you look at the strength of the signal to the network, it shows 5 bars. It is just frustrating and odd. I have the phone sitting in limbo with no battery right now hoping a miracle will happen....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I was digging through my TP's filesystem and found a modem debugging tool that has options to program the modem. I'll see if I can find the path to it.
    OK, will this release it somehow and get me back on track?
  11.    #11  
    "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/FirstUse.jsjsjs:$413$:
    var kind = this.config.kind || enyo.cap(n); //wt*? come-on, code so this is readable. "

Is this the path? If so, what do I do with it?
    One could copy the PRL from one Verizon phone to another syncing them.

PM me if you want to take this route...