Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    I got the database full error that causes the data deleting restart, but this just went to the pulsating hp logo and didnt change for 2 hours. I tried to doctor but it keeps stopping at 8% (does not disconnect, doctor still shows progress bar but just doesnt go further). I have tried different USB slots, cables, computers and doctors (2.2.0 and 2.2.4) however it always gets stuck at 8%. I did have Uberkernel installed at normal clock, plus a number of other patches. The device is unlocked GB version and was running 2.2.4 at the time. Any help to fix my currently brick will be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    I got the database full error that causes the data deleting restart, but this just went to the pulsating hp logo and didnt change for 2 hours. I tried to doctor but it keeps stopping at 8% (does not disconnect, doctor still shows progress bar but just doesnt go further). I have tried different USB slots, cables, computers and doctors (2.2.0 and 2.2.4) however it always gets stuck at 8%. I did have Uberkernel installed at normal clock, plus a number of other patches. The device is unlocked GB version and was running 2.2.4 at the time. Any help to fix my currently brick will be appreciated.
    Hard to diagnose with out more detail information.

Run the Doctor thru command line, java -jar nameofjar.

Replace namofjar.jar with the name of your Doctor file, then post the text.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Not my issue, but Thanking and Liking John Steffe's post because he does a LOT to help people here.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Hard to diagnose with out more detail information.

Run the Doctor thru command line, java -jar nameofjar.

Replace namofjar.jar with the name of your Doctor file, then post the text.
    i am not sure if i typed correctly as i get an error. i have tried running it as administrator and with jar flie both open and closed

C:\Windows\system32>java -jar webosdoctorp224mantawr.jar
    Unable to access jarfile webosdoctorp224mantawr.jar
    i am not sure if i typed correctly as i get an error. i have tried running it as administrator and with jar flie both open and closed

Unless the jar file is in the system32 folder, it won't work. And it shouldn't be...

You need to navigate the command window to wherever the jar file is stored, e.g.

C:\Users\kupfernigk\Desktop>java -jar webosetc

If you're under 30 you may need to know about the CD command which gets you to the directory you want, and the DIR command that lists the files so you can check they are there.

In the worst case if your java isn't registered you might end up with
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar etc.

Assume you are not at the location of the file use cd (change directory), assume windows desktop type cd %userprofile%\desktop, or the location of the jarfile.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 08/02/2012 at 07:20 AM.
  7.    #7  
    attached cmd text, seems to be looping at 8%
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is the trick of trying to Doctor with a jar file for a completely different device (like a Pre 2 or a Pre +)...

I've heard that theoretically it will wake a perpetually sleeping device once it gets to the "Incompatible Device Error" part of the Doctor and sends your phone to reboot.... Then if that works you can hopefully Doctor with the right device and version...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    attached cmd text, seems to be looping at 8%
    INFO: AppDeletion: H/}z???j#.▬∟/Z&vڸ?▲.?': Input/output error

Your media (USB drive) is corrupt.

The applications are under the USB media in a cryptofs, as such that directory is corrupt.

The first thing the doctor does is dump your current Apps, (there is a way to trigger it to instead TAR this directory to the host file system, then untar it back...)

By dump I mean delete remove...

So use the same method to fix the problem as the 12%, (which is when it tries to resize the USB drive on webOS 2.x/3.x).

use the command DOSFSCK, D O S F S C K, for some reason that is a swear word... anyway

dosfsck -r /dev/mapper/store-media

and as you are in windows it is best to send the output to a file (java -jar webos.jar > help.txt)

then you can attach that to the post, what you had posted before was just a snippet of the output...