Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BoldPreza
  1.    #1  
    Hi, so I am getting close to getting that Pre 3(well depending on how that eBay auction goes) I mentioned in another thread just wanted to check if anyone in Canada has already set up one of these phones and if they had any issues doing so.
    BlackBerry or WebOS!!! NEVER ANDROID!!!
  2. #2  
    No, I just inserted the SIM card, logged into my profile, and that's about how hard it is to set up.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Perfect thank you! I am with Bell Mobility so I don't think it will be all that difficult and from what I have read the phone supports all the same frequencies as their network anyway.

    The phone I am bidding is on Verizon currently if that makes any difference.
    BlackBerry or WebOS!!! NEVER ANDROID!!!
  4. mdram's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #4  
    The Pre 3 works great on Bell Mobility. Just makes sure it's SIM unlocked if you get an AT&T version.
  5. #5  
    I'm on Bell Mobility as well. I have an AT&T branded phone. If you can get your hands on one of them, they are quite a bit cheaper, from what I've read.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm on Bell Mobility as well. I have an AT&T branded phone. If you can get your hands on one of them, they are quite a bit cheaper, from what I've read.
    Cheaper in what regard?
  7. #7  
    I just searched eBay. AT&T buy now price $359. Verizon $399 .....$40 cheaper by my counting skills

    Just checked the Marketplace here....few posts down bnceo has one for sale for $250. I bought mine used as well, fwiw.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #8  
    The one I have my bid on right now is sitting at $160. Used. I don't mind buying used as three of my four last phones have all been used and I have had no issues. Though never used eBay before.
    BlackBerry or WebOS!!! NEVER ANDROID!!!
  9. #9  
    At what point during Canadian activation does the maple syrup get applied?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by boldpreza View Post
    The one I have my bid on right now is sitting at $160. Used. I don't mind buying used as three of my four last phones have all been used and I have had no issues. Though never used eBay before.
    That's a good deal, I paid $240 for mine a few months back.

    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    At what point during Canadian activation does the maple syrup get applied?
    Usually at breakfast, but some people like pancakes for supper too.....and really....at ~$15 for 250ml (8oz)....it's overrated. I usually buy Old Tyme
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    At what point during Canadian activation does the maple syrup get applied?
    About the same time the Americans would slap ten slices of bacon on.
    BlackBerry or WebOS!!! NEVER ANDROID!!!
    sledge007 and RumoredNow like this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by boldpreza View Post
    About the same time the Americans would slap ten slices of bacon on.
    Touche...

    And I don't make fun of Canada by choice, we have a law down here that requires it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  13.    #13  
    True, but I am one of those Canadians that believes in Tit for Tat.
    BlackBerry or WebOS!!! NEVER ANDROID!!!
  14. #14  
    I am using an Unlocked AT&T Pre 3 on Bell Mobility, no problems (Vancouver).

    One thing, though, the AT&T networks use the same HSPA+ networks as Bell/Telus.

    I don't think the Verizon ones are on the same frequencies, however.

    You may be able to get 3G, but not the HSPA+ (FauxG) which the AT&T branded phones are capable....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by briandu View Post
    I am using an Unlocked AT&T Pre 3 on Bell Mobility, no problems (Vancouver).

    One thing, though, the AT&T networks use the same HSPA+ networks as Bell/Telus.

    I don't think the Verizon ones are on the same frequencies, however.

    You may be able to get 3G, but not the HSPA+ (FauxG) which the AT&T branded phones are capable....
    Thanks that's a really good tip. HSPA is fantastic on my current phone.

Posting Permissions