Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Same as the Pre2 mirror - just a little bigger (obviously) with the Verizon name etched in the top of the mirror like the Pre2.
    Weird that HP branded the mirror for VZW but the back case for AT&T on both the HP built phones...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Oh and boovish, google image search Verizon Pre3 I found a couple images.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Weird that HP branded the mirror for VZW but the back case for AT&T on both the HP built phones...
    According to my friend at Verizon, the company had ordered a boatload of these and when HP pulled the plug, it was too late to offload them so the ones they could not stop enroute, they sold to their employees for $50.00. That is what you see on ebay and Amazon, all boxed up just like at the Verizon store.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The back case of my VZW Pre 3 has just the HP metal logo. No printing underneath.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Pics please of mirror on back. Pwetty Pwease?

The logo is etched in.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    The back case of my VZW Pre 3 has just the HP metal logo. No printing underneath.
    Click to view quoted image
    Yeah so freakin weird that they did the AT&T devices differently... wonder if it was an ATT requirement so that the devices would show the ATT logo even when closed... or if it was so it would match the 4G TP...
    Click to view quoted image

The logo is etched in.
    Does your Pre3 heat up REAL hot on a touchstone charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by KWgators View Post
    Does your Pre3 heat up REAL hot on a touchstone charger?
    Nope! My Pre Plus would get hot, but not my Pre 2 or Pre 3. I'm running the stock kernel with only about 20 non-performance-enhancing patches.
    Nope! My Pre Plus would get hot, but not my Pre 2 or Pre 3. I'm running the stock kernel with only about 20 non-performance-enhancing patches.
    Got to hand it to you. The quote at the end of your posts is great:

When people get too caught up in what is going on around them, they need to consider that this is just an interim stop to their final destination.
  11. k w
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex El Gator View Post
    I went through this same exercise a couple of weeks ago. Key is having version 2.2.4 already on the phone and then getting a Verizon tech rep that can spell c-a-t without having to spot him the c and the t. After a couple of minor setting changes in the phone and a couple of re-boots - bingo.
    Has anybody tried to use the Verizon Pre3 on page plus?
    My concern is that they will have even more limited resources.
    Might not be able to spell c-a-t if I spot all three letters.

I haven't bought one yet, but want to be sure there will be limited hick ups after I get it.
    My pre2 works great on Consumer Cellular (MVNO for AT&T)
    My new residence has poor signal for GSM but real good signal for Verizon.

Anybody else on page plus?

THanks
    Quote Originally Posted by k w View Post

I haven't bought one yet, but want to be sure there will be limited hick ups after I get it.

THanks
    You might have more success by starting a new thread rather than trying to resurrect this old one.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix

THanks
    There's a couple of people here using Page Plus, and of them, hanksimon has a Pre3. So you should be fine. If they don't know how to activate it, they should just follow directions written for a Pre2
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

THanks
    I have been using a Pre2 on Pageplus for a month. Also, one of my kids has an old flip phone on Pageplus. I activated a new Verizon Pre2 without any problems. Service in the Chicago area has been fine. I activated using Kitty Wireless because their autopay system was easy, but am not certain that it really matters. Kitty Wireless has directions on how to activate a Pixi. I used these directions to activate the Pre2. I assume that they will work for a Pre3. I am saving a lot compared to my old ATT service.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I have been using a Pre2 on Pageplus for a month. Also, one of my kids has an old flip phone on Pageplus. I activated a new Verizon Pre2 without any problems. Service in the Chicago area has been fine. I activated using Kitty Wireless because their autopay system was easy, but am not certain that it really matters. Kitty Wireless has directions on how to activate a Pixi. I used these directions to activate the Pre2. I assume that they will work for a Pre3. I am saving a lot compared to my old ATT service.
    I've been saving $40 bucks a month over Verizon for the last 2 months using my Pre 3 on Pageplus & loving it! $29.95 a month 1200 minutes/3000 txts/500 mb data (just upped from 250 >500 this month).
    i used page plus for my pre 3 vzw it worked great you might have a bad ESN on your hands
    For those on PagePlus how did you activate? Phone (CS), online, or dealer?
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    For those on PagePlus how did you activate? Phone (CS), online, or dealer?
    For a Pre 3 to work on PP (Verizon) it needs to be on 2.2.4 or it will NOT activate. Kitty Wireless has a tut on their website about how to activate a Pixi, but the steps are the same for any webOS phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12