Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By springchicken3
  1.    #1  
    Just broke the glass on my beloved Pre3 into a million pieces... *sigh*

Luckily, I have a second one that also has some issues but an intact screen. So, does anyone know how to go about replacing the glass? I can't seem to find any videos or tutorials on this anywhere.

Thanks!
    Unfortunately, due to the relative rarity of this device, there isnt going to be much in the way of instructional stuff AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    a quick just type search only turned up Rod's (lol, autocorrected to 'God's') teardown. but it doesnt have any real instruction as to take it apart.

Common sense and uber-caution should probably help to a degree...
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemypre3 View Post
    Just broke the glass on my beloved Pre3 into a million pieces... *sigh*

Luckily, I have a second one that also has some issues but an intact screen. So, does anyone know how to go about replacing the glass? I can't seem to find any videos or tutorials on this anywhere.

Thanks!
    Did you succeed in replacing the screen?
    I am in the same situation now.

I would really like to find someone who could do this for me.
    fredewins likes this.
    Flickr: rwhitby's Photostream

HP Pre 3 dissasembly - PCB photos

Pre 3 Disassembly - a set on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by springchicken3 View Post
    Did you succeed in replacing the screen?
    I am in the same situation now.

I would really like to find someone who could do this for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    [url= rwhitby's Photostream[/url]

[url]

[url= 3 Disassembly - a set on Flickr[/url]
    You'll need to play those backwards, of course.
    Or search for the Pre 3 end of life pdf from HP which does the teardown completely with instructions
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    Consider looking for a local place that fixes cellphones. They would be a good option with experience working on devices like yours, even if they have never seen a pre3 before.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I think I know some folks that have done it (eg keithah on Twitter)If I had a lead on a screen I would have either done it or found someone to do it.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)