1.    #1  
    Just played with this. Nifty. More useful if app aware (sync to foreground app)

- messages open on phone, then they sync to touchpad. This would be the most useful one for me. It would rock to continue conversations from the tp when home.
    - photos
    - memos
    - autocorrect shortcuts
    - wallpaper
    - shopping manager, etc. Settings/databases from any app would be beautiful. Sliderss and radio hibiki come to mind.

most calendar/contact stuff I do with synergy clouds so those aren't as necessary.

maybe with openwebos :-)
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yeah, it was nifty for about the first week, then its just becomes useless and unimpressive as the niftyness effect wears off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah, it could be more useful. In it's current state, there's probably not a whole lot of applications for it, but maybe someone will come up with something. Basically, whatever apps are foreground at the time on both the pad and the phone will transmit a URL to each other. So, anything that we can do with a URL, we should theoretically be able to do with a tap.

I occasionally use it when my phone browser has something interesting in it, that i then want to load on my touchpad, usually something that is on my email account that is syncing to my phone, that i don't have syncing anywhere else.

Now that SynerGV 2 has proven that we can actually put apps in catalog that have Tap (a few other apps have done this before), Synergy Messaging, and file/url associations (synergv is associated to urls that begin with "http://synergv/" so that it can add links into the messaging app that will invoke the app itself), perhaps there are some extra things that could be done with it.

Ideas? No "sending files", although "sending links to files" would work. The other app that does tap to share, the photo sharing app, has a pretty novel approach, in that it runs a webserver on the device so it sort of can file share, as it sends a URL to the local webserver, I think.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Check out DataJog (now called Send to webOS) if you haven't. It's like TTS without having to touch, doesn't require the A6 chip (can be used from non webOS devices), and doesn't randomly not work like TTS.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 08/09/2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    There's also my Zap Photoshare: Zap Photoshare Features

It can share with anything that has Wi-Fi and a web browser, but it's most convenient when you can use Touch-to-Share.
    That's the app that I was trying to think of. I always forget the name of it. :-S

I added some more tap capabilities between SynerGV 1 and 2, also.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: