Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    My Pre3 launcher page has stopped showing certain installed applications icons.

    This is happening for certain (not all) applications I am trying to install through WebOS Quick Install and Preware. The IPK packages install without error, and both WebOS Quick Install and Preware show that the applications are installed on my Pre3, but the icons do not appear on the launcher page.

    I have tried both WebOS Quick Install and Preware.
    I have tried both Secure Erase and WebOS Doctor.
    I have even created brand new WebOS Profiles.

    Nothing is working.

    I'm at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    --tkaram
  2. #2  
    Have you tried the simple reboot?

    Another idea is selecting "Rescan" in the Preware menu option "Luna Manager"
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Have you tried the simple reboot?

    Another idea is selecting "Rescan" in the Preware menu option "Luna Manager"
    OK I just tried Preware>Luna Manager>Rescan but it didn't work.
    And at this point the device has been rebooted like 50 times.

    Any other ideas?
  4. #4  
    2 ideas. One severe and one not as severe.

    In preware there is a linux feed with several utilities that perform various recoveries. I would try some of those and see if you have any luck.

    My other idea is to create a new webOS profile and try installing a few apps you are having issues with. If this works then you can determine it is likely not a h/w issue and is s/w related. I am guessing since you have rebooted 50 times that you are prepared to "start over" with your device. Prior to doing this you can do a save/restore file save AND copy that file to your computer. Then do a full erase of the device including the USB partition.. This should remove any remnants of bad files or corrupt files. If after this process you still have problems then you know it is the device.

    My 2 cents....

    Good luck.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    2 ideas. One severe and one not as severe.

    In preware there is a linux feed with several utilities that perform various recoveries. I would try some of those and see if you have any luck.

    My other idea is to create a new webOS profile and try installing a few apps you are having issues with. If this works then you can determine it is likely not a h/w issue and is s/w related. I am guessing since you have rebooted 50 times that you are prepared to "start over" with your device. Prior to doing this you can do a save/restore file save AND copy that file to your computer. Then do a full erase of the device including the USB partition.. This should remove any remnants of bad files or corrupt files. If after this process you still have problems then you know it is the device.

    My 2 cents....

    Good luck.
    So I tried all the recovery utilities on Preware and no luck.
    I also tried creating a brand new WebOS Profile and installing the apps but that did not work either.

    Like you said, it is as if there are bad/corrupt files that are remaining, even after running Secure Erase or WebOS Doctor, which are preventing the application icons from showing.

    Is there any way to do a more thourough erase of my device to get rid of the files that Secure Erase and WebOS Doctor are not touching? Or is it possible to manually navigate to and delete these lingering files?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaram View Post
    So I tried all the recovery utilities on Preware and no luck.
    I also tried creating a brand new WebOS Profile and installing the apps but that did not work either.

    Like you said, it is as if there are bad/corrupt files that are remaining, even after running Secure Erase or WebOS Doctor, which are preventing the application icons from showing.

    Is there any way to do a more thourough erase of my device to get rid of the files that Secure Erase and WebOS Doctor are not touching? Or is it possible to manually navigate to and delete these lingering files?
    If you wanted to do it manually, I would suggest Internalz Pro, although there would be no way of knowing which files were bad and which were good.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    If you wanted to do it manually, I would suggest Internalz Pro, although there would be no way of knowing which files were bad and which were good.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Can you point me to which directories I should be looking in?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaram View Post
    Can you point me to which directories I should be looking in?
    I honestly don't know which directories to look in. I do have another question. What version of webOS are you running? Have you tried doctoring down? I myself had some OS issues and doctoring down fixed them.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    I honestly don't know which directories to look in. I do have another question. What version of webOS are you running? Have you tried doctoring down? I myself had some OS issues and doctoring down fixed them.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    WebOS 2.2.4.
    I never thought about Doctoring down, but its definitely worth a shot. Thanks for the idea!
  10. #10  
    I would try 2.1.0, since I heard that 2.2.4 had several known bugs that only sometimes showed up.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
  11. #11  
    I think the question I didn't see asked, is why are you trying to sideload apps?

    I have had one webOS device kinda tweek like this before, but IIRC a simple reboot fixed it... and it wasn't my Pre3 and IIRC had nothing to do with sideloading an IPK.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    I would try 2.1.0, since I heard that 2.2.4 had several known bugs that only sometimes showed up.
    Doctoring back fixed the problem.
    Thanks for the help!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions