Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By larry23142314
  1.    #1  
    Okay, so I find a nice, new HP Pre 3 for Verizon on Amazon.com, and, before I buy it, I want to make sure I can use it. (Dont want to be $300+ out for a phone I cant use). So I contact Verizon Customer Support via email, and the lady tells me there will be no problem connecting a pre 3 to their network.

So, I order the phone, and get it, and I have no bars. sooo, I call Verizon, and, after 2 days, and 6 different webos newbies, the last lady tells me that "The HP Pre 3 was never approved for use in the US, so we are not going to be able to activate that for you. I there anything else I can help you with today?" WHAAAAAAATTT?!?!?!?!?!

I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!! I have decided that, if Verizon wont help me connect, I'll change the settings and do it myself. I am asking for ANY and ALL help that you wonderfull people of WebOS Nation.

I am seriously BEGGING!!!!! I have doctored to 2.2.4, have just restored settings using "##3282 ->Menu -> Restore" After this, I am going to try some new settings I have googled. I will post these after I try, and after I find them all.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    can you get a warranty for it from seller? Maybe you have a bad unit. The seller on ebay offered a warranty that you had to register for within 30 days of purchase.
    Sounds like you have an ESN issue. Did the seller guarantee clean ESN in the sale?

Did you try adding it from your VZW profile online? I know multiple folks currently using VZW Pre3s.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    I did not see anything about a warrenty from the seller, and I have compared settings with my Pre 2, by dialing ##3282#, and they appear to be the same. And, I added it to my VZW profile and it worked fine. It does not show what phone I am using, but it told me that the phone was activated after I entered in the MEID.
    So what happens when you try to activate it?
  6.    #6  
    Okay, so after rebooting 1 more time, the phone found a roaming signal, so I tried *228 once more. The phone took about 1 minute to download everything and, when Java restarted, I had a Verizon signal, not roaming. I was then able to log into my profile and begin using the phone. (Take that you stupid Verizon rep )
    I want to thank you all for your help, and, if any of you should think about buying a Pre 3 ($320 on Amazon.com) dont give up, it will work. Now, I just need to figure out how to use it .

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good deal. I had no problem activating my Verizon Pre3. Works like a champ. There's an extensive thread in the Pre3 forum specifically about activating on Verizon. I would never contact Verizon for anything other than a phone I bought from them. They're really very limited in their capabilities.

You'll love your pre3!