webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > POLL: Who's still got the silver rectangle in the P?
POLL: Who's still got the silver rectangle in the P?
View Poll Results: Does your Pre 3 back cover still have the silver rectangle in the P?
Yes 114 57.87%
No 62 31.47%
I have no Pre 3, why am I reading this? 21 10.66%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

Old 07/16/2012, 05:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

You know that HP logo on the Pre3's back cover? The silver rectangle in the loop of the capital P is partial to falling off. Just in case you want to pre-emptively pry it out and glue it more solidly. My wife lost hers a few few weeks after we got her Euro Pre3 and my AT&T just shed its own a few days ago.

It looks kind of sad. I must mention that one thing I like about the Pres which is rarely mentioned is how the finish stands up to wear and tear. There's no paint to wear away and chip off; my mother-in-law has the original Droid and it's in SAD condition.
Old 07/16/2012, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mine went about a month or 2 ago. Only blemish on the whole unit!
checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
You know that HP logo on the Pre3's back cover? The silver rectangle in the loop of the capital P is partial to falling off. Just in case you want to pre-emptively pry it out and glue it more solidly. My wife lost hers a few few weeks after we got her Euro Pre3 and my AT&T just shed its own a few days ago.

It looks kind of sad. I must mention that one thing I like about the Pres which is rarely mentioned is how the finish stands up to wear and tear. There's no paint to wear away and chip off; my mother-in-law has the original Droid and it's in SAD condition.
Yeah I lost mine a few months back now...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

How it there only 1 no vote and there is 3 of us saying we don't have our back?
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 07/16/2012, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
How it there only 1 no vote and there is 3 of us saying we don't have our back?
The OP didn't even vote in his own poll...

At least I voted - option 3.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and pattyland like this.
Thanked By: Goyena
Old 07/16/2012, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

LOL
Old 07/16/2012, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Still have mine, I was surprised how thin the PALM letters were on my Touchstone, when I did elective surgery on it this past weekend. (foil-thin)
Old 07/16/2012, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

What did you abuse your TS for?
Old 07/16/2012, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

So it would fit properly. make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better

took a half-round ******* file to it... <---- I bet that gets censored, even though that is the ACTUAL name printed on the package.

oh I was right, calling something by it's proper name, as sold in a hardware store....gets censored. Here's a wiki on it too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_(tool)

amusing

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/16/2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: fixed your link for ya - you owe me a dollah :)
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Still good here.
Old 07/16/2012, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Pre3's silver rectangle looks very good and I'm using it as my main phone since October 2011.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
T-Pad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ClickGamer
Old 07/16/2012, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

I voted yes, but only because I've got tape over the logo after the little rectangle DID fall off twice.

BTW, I've used mine since October.

Last edited by carldc; 07/16/2012 at 07:35 PM.
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up. My logo is still intact, but I've only had my Pre3 since last Friday.
SmittyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

When mine disappeared it was outta nowhere, and no idea what happened. I need to take the rest of the HP logo off, fill it all in to smooth and slap a sticker over it
Old 07/16/2012, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mine's still in place after 10 months of daily use including being in my pocket most of the day.

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
isagar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 08:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

I was sitting at the dealership and my "rectangle" was trying to escape. Put it back in its place and it hasn't budged since *Fingers crossed*
Old 07/16/2012, 10:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
Put it back in its place and it hasn't budged since *Fingers crossed*
I was in the same situation. Didn't work. Or maybe I should say it did work with the help of some tape! Good luck.
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

can some take a pic of it next to a tape measure(scale)I might be able to cut out a new ones from chrome vinyl. Sounds like what they used. I own a vinyl cutter and and can give it a try.
jjtkcepm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2012, 05:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

I think both of ours fell of after thermal events...bad Touchstone placement (ding ding ding ding) or charging in the car mounted under the sun in the dash. Whatever they used to adhere must be temperatuer sensitive.

@RumoredNow: thanks! I voted now. :-)

Thanks for the response to my frivolous poll. It was actually just a time-wasting exercise to keep my mind off impulse-buying a Google Opal 7. D-oh. I mean Nexus. Damn you, Apotheker.
Old 07/17/2012, 07:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

The rectangle fell off months ago. The remaining portion had some of the "chrome" worn off so you could see the yellowish plastic underneath, probably from continual sliding around (and off) the touchstone.

About two months ago the entire think fell off. Looks much better. I should have done that long ago. Highly recommended.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0