View Poll Results: Does your Pre 3 back cover still have the silver rectangle in the P?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

114 57.87%
  • No

62 31.47%
  • I have no Pre 3, why am I reading this?

21 10.66%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes
    I just checked mine after reading post, and its missing, it must have disappear recently, now im sad.
    does anyone still have theirs in tacked. I would love if someone posted a high res. Picture of the h and p from the back plate. I have a vinyl cutter that could cut a few for members if I can get the picture. Could even add a little splash of color if you wanted it.
    Finally (sigh) lost mine few days ago.... or I should say that i realized it was missing (when it went missing is entirely another thing)
    Still there. In fact, it's the one part of my HP logo that's not scuffed to hell.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtkcepm View Post
    does anyone still have theirs in tacked. I would love if someone posted a high res. Picture of the h and p from the back plate. I have a vinyl cutter that could cut a few for members if I can get the picture. Could even add a little splash of color if you wanted it.
    If you're willing to go through that trouble, why not just locate some 'palm' logos and cut those? I wouldnt mind the original white-on-blue pasted there. The current hp imprint can easily be buffed out (rotary tool?) and covered.

That, however is a bit much. I glued mine back on (fell off under my pillow while podcasting) but if it loosens again, I'll remove everything as its not worth babysitting.
    Still There. That may be because I use a cover: PDair HP Pre 3 Leather Case - Flip Top Type (Black)

K
    say goodbye to the inner P.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Believe it or not, it's fallen out three times, and each time I found it and put it back in. The second time, I put a piece of tape over it. I eventually took the tape off because the edges were curling. It came out again.

Found it the next day caught in the lip of the Amzer pouch I use. This time I put some tape over the empty logo indentation, rubbed in the sticky stuff, and then laid it back in. It's still there. I have no illusions that it will remain, but... it's still there.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    How in the world did you find it? I lost mine the first time and that was the end of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Don't know. I guess I'm just destined to have the little bugger! It's still there, completely unprotected, a week later, BTW.
    vasekvi likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Mine has just recently disappeared, as has the center of the "h"...
    Ah, and for the record, I lost mine after just a couple of months with the 3. And that nasty twirling habit of mine means the rest of the logo is already scuffed to hell, as Derek mentioned.
    My UK Pre 3 must be a later design, the logo on the back has no triangle

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    All the backs are the same AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Tapatalk
    it missed suddenly
    It fell off again (found it in my coat pocket) but this time I did NOT reattach it. Instead, I placed a pin under the rest of it and pulled everything off. Now its just a black HP mark and it adds a different (better?) look and feel to the device. People have actually commented on the 'cleanness' of it; no logos or other markings. That is what I truly want in a CE device.

Next is that at&t silkscreen at the bottom.
    Ha!

Lost the 'P' bugg*r-bit.. so then removed the 'H' bugg*r-bit to match!

Might just stick a 'Palm' logo there instead now anyway!

~*~

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234