1.    #1  
    Unable to access or alter Palm account on Pre3.
    Unable to view calendar when Uber calendar installed.
    Unable to update calendar (when Uber calendar is not installed) and sync to or from pc / laptop.

Help and advice required please.
  2.    #2  
    bump
    Okay, first what do you mean by unable to access or alter palm account?

Do you have any other patches installed to the calendar?

Once again, please explain sync to or from PC? Technically webOS doesn't do that ever without a third party service (unless there was some work around I missed long ago). Either way please explain.

Okay now that those are answered, what version Pre3, what version of OS, and what other patches have been installed on the device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Okay, first what do you mean by unable to access or alter palm account?
    I can see the Palm account in Accounts settings on Pre3. I can open the account but cannot change login settings or remove account as these options are washed out.

Do you have any other patches installed to the calendar?

I removed all calendar patches in the hope of solving issues but this only enables me to view the calendar again and not sync it.

Once again, please explain sync to or from PC? Technically webOS doesn't do that ever without a third party service (unless there was some work around I missed long ago). Either way please explain.

My calendar used to sync with Google - not anymore!
    Thinking about it now, I recently installed Chappura software in the hope of syncing Tasks, Notes & Contacts.

Okay now that those are answered, what version Pre3, what version of OS, and what other patches have been installed on the device.

WebOS 2.2.4.

Pre3 model HSTNH-F30CE.
    Last edited by Paulscarbs; 08/04/2012 at 02:18 AM.
  5.    #5  
    My reply is in with yours!
    Last edited by Paulscarbs; 07/14/2012 at 03:39 AM.
    Just doctor it, then full erase.
    To change your password, login to your Palm Profile on a web browser.

If you want to change the account you have to do an erase first and login with a different e-mail address (only way I know of to change the actual palm profile as you need to wipe installed apps before logging into a new profile).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    I can see the Palm account in Accounts settings on Pre3. I can open the account but cannot change login settings or remove account as these options are washed out.
    This is normal for the HP/Palm Profile.

For your calendar problems, which Chappura app are you using?

I think you might have had a bad patch uninstall -- perhaps causing a missing file and preventing the calendar from syncing. If you use Preware to install UC, post the IPKG Log from Preware after the failed install of the patch.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9.    #9  
    I appreciate all the replies. Many thanks.

I'll try the Palm profile route first - don't wish to erase as last time I did this I lost a 'paid for' app!
  10.    #10  
    Am now able to sync Google calendar - don't like the Chappura WebOS sync app (Pocket Mirror) at all. It feels too locked down, unrefined (almost unfinished) and I'm sure it messed with my calendar settings badly while attempting to take control of my Pre3.

Worse is yet to come... When I wish to remove it I'm told there's an issue with the current version which will wipe data unless a particular method of removal is actioned! (talk about unrefined - almost Alpha like!) Be very wary of this software!

Still have an issue with HP WebOS Account. In the backup feature (which I was trying to use before removing Chappura for obvious reasons) I was unable to access my account details. Is this a locked feature also?
  11.    #11  
    I am unable to download within Software Manager - it tells me I need an active Palm Profile in order to use App Catalogue.

I guess these issues are related?

Any ideas?
    My suggest: inside the Preware, install IMPOSTAH.

Go to Palm Profile option and you gonna see all informations about your Palm Profile, App Catalog, etc...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Did you upgrade to the Pre 3 from another Palm/Hp phone?

If so, you will need to go into your profile through a web browser and remove the old phone before you can effectively use the account with your new Pre 3.