1.    #1  
    i could do with doctoring my Pre 3 but I don't want to loose NDrive. Mine is still functioning perfectly and I'd like to keep it that way. Is there anyway I can back up and restore the apps and my maps?
    HP Pre 3 8GB on 2.2.4 with Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin and Mugen 1400 mAh Battery
    HP Veer 4G Panda 8GB on 2.1.2 with clear Ghost Armor
    HP TouchPad 16GB on 3.0.5 with offical HP case.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I believe there are other threads on here where you can get the location of the maps. Also, I just checked Uber App Cat, and Beta 6 is still available in the beta feed.
    I'm not sure enough to give you the green light, but it looks promising.
    The NDrive App is in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.ndrive.palmbeta012 (the last part might be different for you...?)

You can copy that folder to the USB partition or via SFTP and have a backup.

But I don't think that will make much difference... as said above, the beta is still in uberappcat, you can just install that. The maps are tied to your profile or phone ID or something.. ndrive should download them again on the first run.. if it does not, you are screwed anyway, because then it will also not accept the copied maps...

I'd say it is save to doctor and get NDrive again from the uberappcat. But I can not guarantee that, of course.
    I did doctoring my Veer 2 times.

And installing 2 version of NDrive after that.
    Both apps running well.. and it will create directory like Garfonso said..
    Still, you can get direct Map Download when running NDrive (any version) at first installation.
    The manual installation you can get the files from here http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3333023

both version is free, not the map.
    but, NDrive use banner like Android free app.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to risk it I think. If anything goes wrong I can always set up Navit.
    Last edited by billyboy; 07/10/2012 at 07:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    No problems, I just Dr. My phone and still got my NDrive back and maps on pre˛ and my preł(s) Its alll goood to restore your phone and get your NDrive.
    How did this turn out? Was the OP able to restore beta6 after a doctor? I would like to know in case something happens to my pre3....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Yes I was able to Doctor and restore NDrive and the maps with no toruble at all.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Yes I was able to Doctor and restore NDrive and the maps with no toruble at all.
    Hoo-ray!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)