1.    #1  
    How to delete a memo without opening it on pre3?

I come from China. I don't know if anyone has had the same question before. I copied more than 2000 words (about 1000 Chinese characters, from a webpage) and pasted them into a new memo, then I swiped left to go back and saved it, I can see the memo in the memos list, but when I opened it, the system crashed .I restarted the phone, and opened the memo with more than 1000 words again, the system crashed again.
    And now, I'm sure that the "long memo" crashed the system, but without opening it, I can't delete it; once I open it, the system will crash.
    So, how to delete the memo without opening it?
    Anybody, any suggestions,thanks.
    Use Internalz Pro to navigate to the memo location and long hold to call up the options - one of which is Delete.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Use Internalz Pro to navigate to the memo location and long hold to call up the options - one of which is Delete.
    Thanks,I have the Internalz Pro, but how to locate the memo location? I can't find the location path where the memo to be saved. Where is it?
    Apparently you have to retrieve a database with WOSQI...

/var/db/main/objects.db

The memo is in there with other stuff... SMS, etc.

But I haven't found an editor that opens my copy.... SQLite was recommended but proved a dead end... Also MS Access failed.

The idea is to receive it to your desktop with WOSQI, edit out the memo causing problems and then send it back to /var/db/main/objects.db

Mobile Nations Devotee
    You can't easily delete memos from the stock memos app without opening the note itself.

Kinda the main reason I got something else. (easier deleting, instead of opening it, openin the menu, delete memo, "yes I'm sure")
  6.    #6  
    Thanks to RumoredNow and xandros9, but your advices were late, I had did something wrong, and destroyed the system, so I had to run webOS Doctor to reset my phone.

I couldn't find the way to edit the objects.db, so I DELETED it, as I thought that the system could rebuild it, but unfortunately failed, the system showed me the wrong message "Restore Required" and crashed. So I had to run webos doctor to reset my phone.

Luckily, I had backuped all my contacts, SMS messages etc. via Labi software, after refreshing my phone, I get all data back, of course all patches and applications had to be installed manually.

IMPORTANT NOTES:The objects.db MUSTN'T BE DELETED OR EDITED, OR YOU'LL HAVE TO RESET YOUR PHONE AND LOST ALL DATA!

Thanks to RumoredNow and xandros9 again!

By the way, the Labi Software is quite a useful tool to backup/restore PIMs, you can try it via http://bbs.labi.com/forum.php?mod=vi...extra=page%3D1.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zh-xb; 07/11/2012 at 07:56 PM.
    LOL - yep DELETE sounds too extreme.

Maybe someone with more knowledge could advise about edit and send to option. From my reading I saw that it has been done. I just couldn't find the file editor needed. *shrug* I guess you didn't either.

Sorry you borked your phone, but good to hear it got Doctored alright.

Thanks for the tip on Labi.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Yeah.. better not fiddle with the db files directly... you can achieve about everything db specifiy on the devices with the luna-send command. Also impostah is of very good use, when it comes to the database..

I did not investigate into the memo apps much, yet... but I had a quick look just yet... I fired up impostah, selected "databases", then set the first dropbox to "persistent" and select "note:1" in the second one (it supports type to search ) and presse query. That will show all notes, if you tap on one you have the option to delete it in the app menu.

Maybe that way would also have crashed your device... a way to delete all memos without opening any of them would then have been the following:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.memos palm://com.palm.db/del '{"query": {"from":"note:1"}}'
    to delete a specific memo you would need the db id of that memo (which is best looked up in impostah).
    That just as reference in case any body needs it. To backup the notes you would replace the "del" with "find" and then write the output to a file, similar to the advice I gave here: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-pre...-new-post.html