Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  1.    #1  
    New Verizon Pre3 $300 best offer (free ship) accepted..was surprised...shoulda offered $250. But maybe you can??

˜… HP PLAM PRE 3 VERIZON 3G GLOBAL SMARTPHONE ˜… 16GB BLACK ˜… MATCH YOUR TOUCHPAD 886111711512 | eBay.

And what I thought is a good deal on Mungen 1400mah batteries.

[HLI-PRE3SL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery for HP Pre 3

I'd wanted one but wasn't willing to pay $4-500. Love my Pre2...curious about the 3.

Now for a screen protector...shame Boxwave didn't make one....loved their Pre, Pre Plus and Pre2 protectors.

And, I wonder if it will fit in my belt holster?

More later,

Randy in Florida
    I've been watching ebay for them, seems they are starting to show up in bunches, this guy has more than 10 available and has sold 19! Maybe I will try $250.....
    With 2086 page views that seller has had that listing up a long time...

Might be able to get a deal so he can finish unloading his stock.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Ah, well--I offered $325 on this same eBay deal last night--could have saved myself at least $25.

Someone should offer $250 and let us know how it turned out.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    $250 was denied $300 is probably the lowest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugdr View Post
    $250 was denied $300 is probably the lowest
    Maybe she/he'd accept $299.99
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I tried as high as $325 when it listed and got auto declined on all 3 attempts. I can't offer anymore :-(.
    wait a day or 2 and try 300 again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    ok..i decided if i was going to make the switch to the 3 that i would need a backup. i had offered $300 which was auto accepted on the first one. in order to find the lowest price i offered 250 on the second and was auto declined. i then offered $275 which was not declined but sent to seller. seller countered at 299 and said that was the lowest he could go given his cost. don't know if he'd go lower later but for now the second phone at 299 puts me in good shape to keep my Pre use intact for several years to come. then what?
    stay on webOS as long as possible and pray webOS internals ports to other phones quickly or best case scenario is that a device maker gets mad at one of the big 3 OS's and takes on webOS :-) the later being my hope.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    RumoredNow likes this.
    This all kinda makes me regret leaving Verizon for a Pre3 last year... at the time, the VERY few verizon Pre3's were $600 and up, and I saw nothing to make me think any large supply was ever going to show up to push prices down (the Verizon launch was further out than the AT&T launch, so it was logical that there would be far fewer Verizon Pre3's boxed and ready on Black Thursday) . When the unlocked AT&T Pre3 prices stabilized for a week at just over $300, I thought the supply of those was starting to dry up too so I pulled the trigger at $325 (obviously I know now that prices got down to $200 within another month or so). I justified the cost of the ETF on my Verizon contract by using the $30 per month T-Mobile plan for quite awhile (just enough data for e-mail), though I switched to StraightTalk last week to get more and faster data.

Honestly though, I was just happier with Verizon; I've been a Verizon customer since the mid-90's, when it was Airtouch (in fact my first few billing cycles were PacTel Cellular!). Data on T-Mobile is slow as molasses due to the incompatible Pre3 radio, and StraightTalk has already rubbed me the wrong way a couple of times (twice in the first week I had no usable data connection, even though the phone showed 4 or 5 bars and H+ was lit). Verizon always JUST WORKED. I guess you get what you pay for.
  12.    #12  
    Two new Pre3's for Verizon should be in the mailbox tomorrow. At $299 and $300 each I'm happy. Now just trying to decide whether to sell or hold on to my two Pre Plus and two Pre 2's. Other than start a musem...

Will post impressions after I get the 3's up and running.

Kinda wish I'd held on to at least one of each of Palm's products back to the Pilot! Long live the memory...but the dream still lives.

Randy in Florida
    Last edited by floridarandy; 07/12/2012 at 03:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floridarandy View Post
    Two new Pre3's for Verizon should be in the mailbox tomorrow. At $299 and $300 each I happy. Now just trying to decide whether to sell or hold on to my two Pre Plus and two Pre 2's. Other than start a musem...

Will post impressions after I get the 3's up and running.

Kinda wish I'd held on to at least one of each of Palm's products back to the Pilot! Long live the memory...but the dream still lives.

Randy in Florida
    Randy... Let us know how it worked out. The specifications on the page are for the Pre, not the Pre 3, but the description says Pre 3.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    The seller add says the phones have been "tested with latest firmware updated (v 2.2.4)". Is the phone shipped already doctored?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyD View Post
    The seller add says the phones have been "tested with latest firmware updated (v 2.2.4)". Is the phone shipped already doctored?
    to be frank both phones were sealed so I simply doctored to 2.2.4 without checking. I don't know that I could have checked as phone requires activation before it will boot to OS. phone is now charging with the new Mugen battery. Tomorrow I'll check the report how phone works.

both phones were sealed and new.
    Last edited by floridarandy; 07/11/2012 at 09:29 PM.
    I got mine from the seller. It came with 2.2.4.
    Last edited by qlearner; 07/11/2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add info
    Mine arrived today. I think that I'll doctor it to 2.2.4 myself, just to be safe.

Anyone had any Verizon activation problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by floridarandy View Post
    Two new Pre3's for Verizon should be in the mailbox tomorrow. At $299 and $300 each I happy. Now just trying to decide whether to sell or hold on to my two Pre Plus and two Pre 2's. Other than start a musem...

Randy in Florida
    Well, I will pass the offer with the Pre 2( because I already own one). However, I'm all open ears if you willing to place your newly bought palm pre 3 up for sale ? How about $200 ? And including free shipping
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.