1.    #1  
    So I am a total Crackberry addict but I find myself lately on these forums as my interest in Blackberry wanes and I love the interface on the Pre I just got from my sister. Its so different almost feels light(for lack of a better word). No other platform interests me like these two. That and I was a huge Treo fan back when my dad had one back in the day. Still miss those bricks and their little peg antennas.

Anyways, so I have this Pre and I am trying to get it up and running(proving to be a bit difficult) but my bigger interest is in the Pre 3. All the important apps my Blackberry has that I use except BBM, but it also has a FFC(nifty), large 3.6" screen which is almost as big as my Torch 9860's and a wicked slide out keyboard though I haven't been able to touch one to see if its any good yet.

My question to those of you on here is:

1) How do I find one cheap? I tried Ebay, Craigslist, Kijiji and nothing. Finding all the Pre models except of course for this one. (DAMMIT HP! Couldn't at least do a limited run?)

2) Does anyone know of a Palm label I can find for the backplate? Much rather show my Palm Pride(don't make a dirty joke with that) than HP.

3) Is the keyboard truly better than the Pre keyboard. Cause that thing after using a Blackberry is brutal!

4) Is there a real future for WebOS or is that just someone blowing smoke?
    Quote Originally Posted by boldpreza View Post
    So I am a total Crackberry addict but I find myself lately on these forums as my interest in Blackberry wanes and I love the interface on the Pre I just got from my sister. Its so different almost feels light(for lack of a better word). No other platform interests me like these two. That and I was a huge Treo fan back when my dad had one back in the day. Still miss those bricks and their little peg antennas.

Anyways, so I have this Pre and I am trying to get it up and running(proving to be a bit difficult) but my bigger interest is in the Pre 3. All the important apps my Blackberry has that I use except BBM, but it also has a FFC(nifty), large 3.6" screen which is almost as big as my Torch 9860's and a wicked slide out keyboard though I haven't been able to touch one to see if its any good yet.

My question to those of you on here is:

1) How do I find one cheap? I tried Ebay, Craigslist, Kijiji and nothing. Finding all the Pre models except of course for this one. (DAMMIT HP! Couldn't at least do a limited run?)

2) Does anyone know of a Palm label I can find for the backplate? Much rather show my Palm Pride(don't make a dirty joke with that) than HP.

3) Is the keyboard truly better than the Pre keyboard. Cause that thing after using a Blackberry is brutal!

Welcome to webOS.

1) Cheap is a relative term. 250-300 used gsm is a going rate for a pre3 much more for the rare verizon version.

2) I have never seen a palm logo for a pre3. However you could pry off the chrome and put a sticker on it or something if you wanted to for some reason.

3) The keyboard is much better IMO than the pre or pre2. As usual in this sort of thing its pretty subjective so YMMV!

4) The future of webOS at this point is probably in the hands of the great webOS community. It will be what we make it.

I hope you enjoy whatever route you choose into webOS. I think it's a lot of fun myself.
  3.    #3  
    4) The future of webOS at this point is probably in the hands of the great webOS community. It will be what we make it.

LOL, I don't know if I should be excited about that or not. But I was thinking that there is a great opening now for devs that choose to stay on the platform especially if FireFoxOS comes online as it should be fairly easy to develop for both platforms no?

As I am not technically inclined probably not my opportunity but hoping that someone picks up on it.

LOL, I don't know if I should be excited about that or not. But I was thinking that there is a great opening now for devs that choose to stay on the platform especially if FireFoxOS comes online as it should be fairly easy to develop for both platforms no?

As I am not technically inclined probably not my opportunity but hoping that someone picks up on it.
    More important is OpenMobile's promised release of ACL which would allow Android Apps to run on webOS inside a card. That is due to release this fall and all reports are it is a go, will be offered to OEMs and have standalone versions for install. They have said via email reply that it is expected to hit the HP App Catalog at an "affordable price."
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I have a BB Curve for work and a Pre3, I can't stand the BB keyboard - who's idea was it to put '@' and '.' on the alt-keys? Did they not realise BBs are used for typing emails? That aside, I find the feel of the Pre3 keyboard superior to the Curve but this is always going to be a subjective thing, I found the Pre- keyboard great too (on a par with the BBs I had used at the time). Certainly the Pre3 is better than the Pre- if only because it is ever so slightly bigger and has a more positive response.
    So I am a total Crackberry addict but I find myself lately on these forums as my interest in Blackberry wanes and I1) How do I find one cheap? I tried Ebay, Craigslist, Kijiji and nothing. Finding all the Pre models except of course for this one. (DAMMIT HP! Couldn't at least do a limited run?)

The Pre3 is a Great phone and webOS is the most loved OS of them all. But I am very excited for BB10 . I am buying the London and probley wont switch to the physical keyboard, still not sure. I would prefer a Milan design.

I wouldnt worry about it .

YES the pre 3 leyboard is much bigger and great to use even if you have big hands.

The Pre3 is a Great phone and webOS is the most loved OS of them all. But I am very excited for BB10 . I am buying the London and probley wont switch to the physical keyboard, still not sure. I would prefer a Milan design.

Absolutly there is a future for webOS. But its uncertain how the community, HP and developers are going to play and help each other.

YES the pre 3 leyboard is much bigger and great to use even if you have big hands.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I have a BB Curve for work and a Pre3, I can't stand the BB keyboard - who's idea was it to put '@' and '.' on the alt-keys? Did they not realise BBs are used for typing emails? That aside, I find the feel of the Pre3 keyboard superior to the Curve but this is always going to be a subjective thing, I found the Pre- keyboard great too (on a par with the BBs I had used at the time). Certainly the Pre3 is better than the Pre- if only because it is ever so slightly bigger and has a more positive response.
    LOL, I didn't really like the Curve keyboard and even my 9700's keyboard was a bit tight but the one on my 9000 was AMAZING!!!

My Torch 9860(all touch not slider) the keyboard kind of blows but thats the only thing I don't really like on the phone.

Right now I have only been exposed to the Pre (I guess you guys call it the Pre-?) and I find its keyboard really tiny, something I hear the 3 really improves on, and the tactile feel is terrible on this phone as it feels like the whole keyboard is falling in. But I just love the swiping capabilities and the multitasking and the graphics even on that old Pre are still so good! I want to see what the 3 is like.
    Go buy the pre 3, I used a pre plus for about 1.5 years. i used a curve for 2.5 years and the pre 3 gives as good or better performance as the curves keyboard. Just go buy one. Replace the pre- with a pre2 for your kid.

1) Cheap is relative, as creepingmee said.
    - They're cheap-ish considering new, off-contract iPhones could cost $500+
    - They're more expensive compared to on-contract phones and other Pre models.
    (also considering you will likely add on a cell contract)
    - They're also relatively rare. (compared to the Pre-, 2, etc)

2) I SURE WISH THERE WAS ONE

3) Its better than the previous model's keyboards, or so I heard, I can't speak from experience.
    - I actually like my 2's keyboard, although not for writing full-blown essays.

4) We sure hope there is, if not, we shall make it work!
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    More important is OpenMobile's promised release of ACL which would allow Android Apps to run on webOS inside a card. That is due to release this fall and all reports are it is a go, will be offered to OEMs and have standalone versions for install. They have said via email reply that it is expected to hit the HP App Catalog at an "affordable price."
    Sooooo... us Pre 3 owners will be able to run Google apps, but not PalmOS apps, eh? What's wrong with this picture?
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

1) As others have said, don't expect anything less than $200 (and expect to pay a bit more, depending on where you look and what you get). That still a good deal.
    2) I don't think the official chromed back labels will work. The Pre, Pre 2, and Pixi backs are all flat. The Pre 3 is slightly curved. You'll have to look for some kind of sticker. Good luck.
    3) YES. It's the same layout, but it's bigger and better. The Pre 3 and Pixi are the two best webOS keyboards.
    4) Truth? Don't know. But there is if I have anything to say about it!!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)