1.    #1  
    Hi all,

As I've mentioned in another thread, I've just picked up a Pre3, touchstone and in car charging kit for 103.... Absolute bargain I know.....

I would just like to know every ones views on any essential apps to put on when it arrives. I only ask because I'm new to WebOS (even though I work for HP - on the print side of the company!)

thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by benwsmith1987 View Post
    Hi all,

As I've mentioned in another thread, I've just picked up a Pre3, touchstone and in car charging kit for 103.... Absolute bargain I know.....

I would just like to know every ones views on any essential apps to put on when it arrives. I only ask because I'm new to WebOS (even though I work for HP - on the print side of the company!)

thanks all!
    Get the webOS Quick Installer (WOSQI)on your computer: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html

and Preware: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Thank these great Developers by purchasing WOSQI Homebrew Guide and the Preware Homebrew Documentation from the App Catalog.

Once set up... Configure Preware feeds to include everything but the App Catalog (why double up? it only slows Preware loading...) then head on into the Patches feed and spend a lot of time there. I find the Patches really customize the user experience and make the device even smoother and easier to use... (Preware)

Uberkernel and Govnah for controling your CPU (Preware)

Netstat for tracking data use (Preware)

Internalz Pro file manager (Preware)

Look into DataJog / Send to webOS... an awesome app that connects your Desktop browser to your phone... I'm using it between Chrome and Pre 2 and it is fantastic. (App Catalog)

If you edit documents on your smart phone... Pixel Smart Office is the reigning champ. (App Catalog)

The Google Maps App by 72ka is fantastic and beats the stock Bing Maps hands down, IMHO. (Preware)

box.net client for webOS is another productivity booster... (App Catalog)

Since you are on the EU side of the pond why not try Beeb News - a BBC RSS. (App Catalog)

I'm sure other will weigh in soon and push their favorites.

Welcome aboard.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    The Google Maps App by 72ka is fantastic and beats the stock Bing Maps hands down, IMHO. (Preware)

box.net client for webOS is another productivity booster... (App Catalog)
    Yes the Google Maps App by 72ka is awesome.
    But afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $official$ $box$.$net$ $client$ $for$ $pre3$. $There$ $is$ $Boxalicious$ $but$ $it$ needs a patch to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Yes the Google Maps App by 72ka is awesome.
    But afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $official$ $box$.$net$ $client$ $for$ $pre3$. $There$ $is$ $Boxalicious$ $but$ $it$ needs a patch to work.
    Ooops I meant "Unofficial box.net client" by abesapps - works on my Pre 2... Not sure about Pre 3.

And I fogot to throw a nod at Dr. Battery (by somline - Preware). Even though it won't calibrate on Pre 3 or Veer... I have it on Veer to monitor my battery and it can't be beat in that regard.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Ooops I meant "Unofficial box.net client" by abesapps - works on my Pre 2... Not sure about Pre 3.

And I fogot to throw a nod at Dr. Battery (by somline - Preware). Even though it won't calibrate on Pre 3 or Veer... I have it on Veer to monitor my battery and it can't be beat in that regard.
    :-) Thanks RN,
    yes the Boxalicious will not work on pre3 without the patch from HaPe.