Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    So, my Pre 3 went for a brief ride in the washing machine and mostly survived, but the screen is now a bit water damaged.

If I got hold of a broken Pre 3 with a working screen, would it be possible to transplant it, and if so how difficult is it?

If it is possible and not too difficult, does anyone have a broken Pre 3 with a working screen they would be prepared to part with cheaply? (I can't afford a new working Pre 3 at this time).
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    its not that hard the only issue i found is the metal mirror behind the screen when you slide up is glued or taped so when you take it off unless you get the right glue/tape it doesn't go back on 100%. but it is pretty easy to swap screens. If you find a donor i would pay shipping for both and swap them for you if i could keep the spare parts.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I need it after all.

The screen has mostly dried out by itself now. What was a cloudy mess is now just a few bright speckles at the bottom of the screen, and I hardly notice it now.

When you tilt it enough, you can see a speckled pattern where it has dried out, but face-on, you'd hardly know it had been for a ride in a washing machine now!
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword