1.    #1  
    a few days ago my battery started draining quickly. when i looked at govnah my cpu was at 1.4. no matter what i try to make the cpu run at it is always maxed.

i downloaded jstop but i am not sure what it all means. the only 2 things on there that are not yellow are govnah and jstop.

i have not tried to tweak anything on the phone aside from different cpu speeds when this all started.

any help would be appreciated.
    its an unlocked pre 3 att
    govnah stats right now r
    cpu 1.4016
    bat temp 47
    bat current -369
    load ave 9.1 9.26 8.57
    mem swap 367/3

jstop
    1013 govnah 42 333
    1000systemui 100 61
    1002phone 102 36
    1003email 78 12
    1007calander 61 9
    1005 messaging 63 12
    1001launcher 244 9
    1010phone 388 4
    1016browser 64 3
    1004contacts 64 3
    1009phone 123 2
    1019jstop 149 0
    1006camera 31 1
    1020jstop 149 0
    1011systemui 146 0
    Screaming along at full CPU and high temp is no good.

Install your Recovery Kernel ASAP.

Then try and remember if you changed anything just before all this started. Some App or Patch or something in settings that might need to be uninstalled/reversed.

If it was something that just started up without any underlying change to the system, I would Doctor the phone before installing UberKernel again.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    thanx for the reply. i had removed uberkernal and it was still happening. i doctored the phone just now. i hope that fixes the issue. i have had webos since day 1 and love it. i just never got into the homebrew stuff untill lately and am kind of lost
    do you have skype on? or freetether? something is definitely running amok

both of those peg my cpu to max.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    no skype or freeteather
    i have doctored the phone and it still seems to be draining faster than it used to. i am going to reinstall preware and get govnah to check

i am not sure if this has anything to do with it but i noticed about the time this started happening the other day my incoming txt were being delayed. out going was goin right out but incoming wouldnt show up then all of a sudden bing bing bing like 5 txt msgs. but i think this may be more of a provider thing. i have been using straight talk

again thanx for any ideas

*****as an update**** reinstalled preware followed by govnah. still burnin at 1.4 nonstop. i have set a new profile at 800 hopefully this will save me battery till i can figure out whats goin on
    Last edited by laxxx47; 06/28/2012 at 10:47 PM.
    At maxusage like freetether I only see a difference in battery when I get down to about 300mhz..

Unfortunately if you're not Unix familiar it might be difficult to explain how to find out what might be the problem..

You'll probably want to install the pdk tools so you can use putty to login to the device and then run the top command
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    At maxusage like freetether I only see a difference in battery when I get down to about 300mhz..

Unfortunately if you're not Unix familiar it might be difficult to explain how to find out what might be the problem..

You'll probably want to install the pdk tools so you can use putty to login to the device and then run the top command
    thanks for the advise ill research that tomorow and give it a try.