Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By pepebuho
  • 2 Post By Xeron
  • 3 Post By geekpeter
  • 2 Post By carldc
  1.    #1  
    How does today announcement affect the Pre3?
    What is its relationship to it?

Does it mean we will get v3.05 for the Pre3, the bluetooth stack fixed?

I wonder if somebody more knowledgeable could enlighten us (no, I am not kidding or trolling, I just want to know, connect the dots, now where we as Pre3 owners fit on the overall scheme of things).

Thanks

JP
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    It might be that some of the 3.0.5 components can be ported to the Pre 3. How many, and which ones its impossible to say until people start looking at them.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    we can only pray to the devs / gods and webosinternals for some technical wizardry.
    Vistaus, Rnp and treodoc755 like this.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    A-men!
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    Maybe 2.2.5 Community Edition is on its way....?

http://www.webosnation.com/webos-225...t-testing-logs
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post

Considering webOS CE and Open webOS I wouldn't count on either of the versions (3.0.6 or 2.2.5) being anything other than security fixes.

...if they're not the work of someone playing a fun joke by messing with user agents on their devices, that is. The Hulu fix proves it's not just possible to do it, but that exact thing's already been done.
    Or 2.2.5/3.0.6 are internal versions. Or did you already forget about the developement server that's for example on the TP Go (but also on some Pre 3's used by the webOS team)?
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post

I can only hope. There are quite a few bugs on my Pre 3 I'm dying to get them fixed. Hey... at least I can look at the code even though I know jack*** about coding.. I'm only a QA.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The ce is just the user interface code from 3.0.5.

While I suspect it may be possible to build it in a way that might run on 2.x, it would most likely present a huge number of issues considering that although it was apparently built with the original intent of running on all the devices, it was not in a state where it was releaseable. Also it may require other components that only exist in 3.0 or work quite differently in 3. Short ver:. Building it might work but it'll probably not work overall
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    As long as calling, app switching, texting ad web browsing works then I'm happy. After all, that is what you expect from a smartphone.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Maybe we can start a real request . . .
  12.    #12  
    Let me see if I understand it.
    The Community Edition is to the PRE3/Touchpad what "GNOME" or "KDE" is to the desktop Linux computer.

Am I right in my analogy? or Luna Manager=GNOME/KDE? Could someone help me understand this?

Is there any document showing how this whole stuff is put together?

Thanks

JP
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I thought WebOS CE is only for the Touchpad?
    LunaSysMgr, which is what CE is, is mostly the user interface, so roughly sort of equivalent to your GNOME/KDE, it's the window manager and the basics.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  15.    #15  
    I guess there is zero chance of it being backported to v2.2.4. Any chance of the Pre getting v3.05?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickGamer View Post
    I thought WebOS CE is only for the Touchpad?
    Yes, but webOS = webOS. Of course the TP has differences since it was half rewritten, but there are parts that are similiar since the it's built upon the same basis.
    Dear hp
    all I want from webOS developers, ever, is to fix the following 4 bugs:

On the pre3:
    - in Australia - DO NOT block dialing 1300- and 1800-numbers. We really have them, they are not unique to US.
    - modem firmware - improve compatibility with Telstra 850MHz 3G - in places where 3G is bad, phone should go into 2G and not off the network while showing full network! And please go back to 3G when coverage is good again. Now I am off the network without having a clue! Network bars show good connection but there is none. I have to try to place a call to see that I can't. Or have to ask someone to dial myself to see if they get into voicemail instead while I "see" proper coverage.

on the TouchPad:
    - "croaky, distorted sound" happens - only device restart helps. This issue introduced by 3.0.5.
    - in Australia - location services consistently north by about 6 degrees, putting me well into desert instead of Melbourne. This was improved by 3.0.5 (where it tried to put me beyond the pole), but 6+ whole degrees... come on...is it again a computational issue with your code for Southern Hemispere?

AND THAT'S IT, I could use them forever. I implore you hp!
    Not asking for more speed or new programs, just some fixes of what's there already, these are basic things that come with OS.

If you fix these, hp - I promise I will buy hp z820 workstation and not Dell Precision T7600 that's about 5-6K AUD.

Yours doubtfully
    cubeover
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    How does today announcement affect the Pre3?
    What is its relationship to it?

Does it mean we will get v3.05 for the Pre3, the bluetooth stack fixed?

I wonder if somebody more knowledgeable could enlighten us (no, I am not kidding or trolling, I just want to know, connect the dots, now where we as Pre3 owners fit on the overall scheme of things).

Thanks

JP
    Version 3.0.5 is for the TouchPad ONLY!!!!