Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By billyboy
  1.    #1  
    So I'm trying to set up a Mode Switcher profile for charging on my Touchstone as I've noticed that my handset get's really warm when charging.

The idea is to limit the CPU to a much slower speed when on the Touchstone. The only problem I'm having is actually getting the Touchstone Trigger to work. I've tried a few other different triggers and they all seem to work OK. It appears to be only the Touchstone trigger that doesn't. When I palce the Pre 3 on the Touchstone it charges fine but Mode Switcher does not change modes!

Also if I set it up as a toggle on my launcher it works prefectly. I'm really confused :-/

Can anyone give me an idea of where I am going wrong? Or if any of you guys already have such a profile set up, maybe you could export it and post here so I can have a looksie?
    Last edited by billyboy; 06/26/2012 at 11:17 AM.
    HP Pre 3 8GB on 2.2.4 with Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin and Mugen 1400 mAh Battery
    HP Veer 4G Panda 8GB on 2.1.2 with clear Ghost Armor
    HP TouchPad 16GB on 3.0.5 with offical HP case.
    i think some triggers dont work v well or at all unless you have the advanced system, set of patches, if you do im not sure whats goin on, mine seem to trigger fine atm.
  3.    #3  
    So do you have the advanced patches? Are you talking about advanced system prefs?
    HP Pre 3 8GB on 2.2.4 with Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin and Mugen 1400 mAh Battery
    HP Veer 4G Panda 8GB on 2.1.2 with clear Ghost Armor
    HP TouchPad 16GB on 3.0.5 with offical HP case.
  4.    #4  
    I sorted it folks. I needed the Advanced System Prefs - Framework. Everything now works perfectly!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    sledge007 and geekpeter like this.
    I'm glad that you figured it out...but there is another way to accomplish this.

If you overclock your Pre 3 using Govnah and UberKernel, the available kernels (which are "on demand" kernels) all drop the clock speed quite low. For example, I'm running the OnDemandTcl 1690 (I'm conservative in my overclocks), and, while the processor scales up to 1.6 GHz when I'm using the phone, the processor gets pegged at 122.88 MHz when it sits on the Touchstone.

Just another way to keep it cool, and you also would have the option to speed up your phone, too!

Take care.