1.    #1  
    So, my regular Pre3 has returned from the 'hospital' only to still have the same freezing problem (phone becomes unresponsive). Because of this I've given in and cracked open my backup Pre3 (resale value be damned!).

After a noticing a few odd details during use, I realised this phone is still on webOS 2.2.0. The things that gave it away were:

• Autocorrect works again
    • WiFi has returned to being solid and reliable again (I hadn't realised what a difference there was with the update - it's night and day!)
    • All the patches I looked at in Preware were in the 'Older' section, so were a little outdated.

So, what I'm wondering is, should I stay with 2.2.0 or should I update to the latest firmware once more? I feel I'm missing out on the latest patches, but I'm not sure I want to go back to the maddeningly patchy WiFi performance.

I'm also wondering whether there is any way to restore the 2.2.0 WiFi using a patch in 2.2.4. I know there is a patch that rolls it back to 2.2.1, but that didn't solve the issues. There's definitely more going on with the update that affects wireless - surely one of our genius patchers can figure it out? I'd donate via PayPal if you can!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    you could try installing 2.2.4 on the new one and see if those problems re-occur on the new one, as none of those occur on my UK pre3 (2.2.0 and 2.2.4)
  3.    #3  
    Do you have a working spellcheck system on 2.2.4 then? As soon as I updated my older Pre3 I lost the ability to tap on a mis-spelt word & select an alternative spelling. I never use autocorrect though.
    I have an AT&T Pre3 running 2.2.4 and I have no problems with spellcheck / autocorrect.
    working spellcheck/autocorrect with bubble access, full working wifi (keeps connection further from router than laptop!)
  6.    #6  
    I just updated to 2.2.4 and spellcheck no longer works! This is an entirely new phone too.
    Perhaps this is a UK Pre3 issue? Does anyone have a UK Pre3 with working spellcheck on 2.2.4?

I can't say how the WiFi is yet as i haven't had a chance to check.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  7.    #7  
    Beetrooted an Jetz, can you try setting Auto-Correction to 'OFF', then see if the spellcheck bubble still works.
    I have found putting Auto-Correction to 'ON' solves the issues, however I don't like the phone correcting my spelling without checking with me first :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I just updated to 2.2.4 and spellcheck no longer works! This is an entirely new phone too.
    Perhaps this is a UK Pre3 issue? Does anyone have a UK Pre3 with working spellcheck on 2.2.4?
    Nope, no spellcheck here (UK Pre3 since launch). I get the red lines but no options to correct when tapping. I'm not sure when this bug crept in but it used to be ok on my Pre- on 2.0.1 or whatever it was that we managed to hack on to there.

I've not noticed any major problems with WiFi though except perhaps a little reluctance to switch to the strongest signal.
    the wifi rollback patch is simply changing a configuration file (reverting it to the older version), and is not exactly improving the situation.

There are 2 options that have not been yet tried :

1) a full customization of the configuration file to see if the wifi functionality can be improved
    2) check which modules related to wifi got changed when moving from 2.2.0-2.2.3 to 2.2.4 and reverting to the older ones, alongside with the older configuration file.

Ah, and I've still spellcheck working ( german pre3 with 2.2.4 , english language as locale etc). It should not matter if german-uk or french, since all are simply an eu model. I would suggest that who has spellcheck issues, they may be related to a patch, or a mix of patches
  10.    #10  
    Ah, and I've still spellcheck working ( german pre3 with 2.2.4 , english language as locale etc). It should not matter if german-uk or french, since all are simply an eu model. I would suggest that who has spellcheck issues, they may be related to a patch, or a mix of patches
    Unfortunately, this occurs after upgrading with NO patches installed. Can you please check if the grey pop-up balloon also works when Auto-Correction is set to OFF?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  11.    #11  
    2) check which modules related to wifi got changed when moving from 2.2.0-2.2.3 to 2.2.4 and reverting to the older ones, alongside with the older configuration file.
    I wish I had the skills & knowledge to do this, but sadly it's beyond me. Anyone else want to try?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Unfortunately, this occurs after upgrading with NO patches installed. Can you please check if the grey pop-up balloon also works when Auto-Correction is set to OFF?
    No, I don't get the pop-up if I turn off the auto-correction. You mean that before the update was possible to get a popup with the setting on off ?
    no pop-up balloon
  14.    #14  
    Ah so it's not just me then! Yes on 2.2.0 the grey balloon popped up regardless of Autocorrect setting.