1.    #1  
    Hi Everybody!

I recently bought a brand new AT&T Pre 3 from eBay 2 months ago, and I can whole heartedly say that it was the greatest investment I've ever made. I've been in love with webOS since I first held my Pre- on launch day. By I digress...

I ermmm.....dropped my phone. On concrete. Everything still works fine, but the plastic trim around the screen is pretty scratched up, and it is not a sight for sore eyes. I have a second, broken Pre 3 that I bought for parts when I bought this one (thinking ahead) and I was wondering if it was possible to change the plastic trim around the edge of the screen. If it is possible, how would I go about doing so? I know absolutely nothing about the hardware of this phone, so if it is possible I would VERY VERY much appreciate someone walking me through it, step-by-step, or directing me to a place that can show me (I've been searching for days, couldn't find anything). Thanks in advanced guys, I love you all. <3
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Palm-Pre-Teardown/809/1

Indeed The Preł version of a teardown are elusive. I can't imagine the Preł differs too much from the Original as far as the breakdowns and bezel replacement. I can't find anything better besides the pre on ifixit . I'll keep looking too, there's got to be one here somewhere.

Other than a PDF file on HP disassembly on preł I can't find anything either. Sorry. Looks like no one wants to tear one down for self repair instructions. I hope someone else know where to look and can help. I know Rod has broken one down as well. You might have to wing it a little bit on the repair replacement.
    Last edited by Balooz; 06/21/2012 at 12:11 AM.