Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By johnnygewitter
  • 2 Post By creepingmee
  • 5 Post By Sylo
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey guys I recently started a new post on the cynagenmod forums to try and get android on the Pre 3. I hope you guys can help out and +1 and comment and support to help our community! Post on different forums and different parts ofthis forum if you want. Heres the link! Click Here and spread the word lets get this thing goin

Update: Took off the Please Help The WebOS Community and also just wanted to add that the post is atleast a shot at getting it to happen, if you read the second like "Here" on that post the post got pretty far and a lot of people were trying to help. I want to get that started again
    Last edited by Ackerboy111; 06/20/2012 at 12:57 PM.
    id be amazed if it happened, at least the touchpad had leftovers/rogue android touchpads in the wild to assist the transition, the pre3 has no such handy cheatmodes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackerboy111 View Post
    Hey guys I recently started a new post on the cynagenmod forums to try and get android on the Pre 3. I hope you guys can help out and +1 and comment and support to help our community! Post on different forums and different parts ofthis forum if you want. Heres the link! Click Here and spread the word lets get this thing goin
    Excuse me, but you wrote "Please help the WebOS Community!" in that post - you want to help the webOS community by encouraging a Pre3 Android port? I don't understand.
    I don't want to say don't ever port it - but how does that help the webOS community?
    Sorry for the rant - I'm hungry.
    RumoredNow, johncc and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Excuse me, but you wrote "Please help the WebOS Community!" in that post - you want to help the webOS community by encouraging a Pre3 Android port? I don't understand.
    I don't want to say don't ever port it - but how does that help the webOS community?
    Sorry for the rant - I'm hungry.
    that didnt quite sink in when i read it, n1, but yeah ACL would help the community, im sure a post has been up before about android on the pre3, many didnt see the need as there are so many android phones, touchpad at least was a rare breed at the time, i think the only post that made sense was by someone who wanted android but wanted to keep that particular physical keyboard.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Yeah just wait for the ACL for webOS, which should just take two more months. That will be so much better than CM9.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yeah, trying to get android on a rather rare piece of webos hardware makes no sense when you can get android hardware all over the place, lets keep the pre3 webos....
    Rnp and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackerboy111 View Post
    I hope you guys can help out and +1 and comment and support to help our community!
    You've yet to explain exactly how that helps the community.

Update: Took off the Please Help The WebOS Community...
    So basically there's nothing in it for us then. Does that mean you just need our support in further diluting the platform?

Let us know how it works out.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I can't wait for open webOS, so I can go blow up all the android forums asking for their help in getting open webOS on the galaxy s3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    I can't wait for open webOS, so I can go blow up all the android forums asking for their help in getting open webOS on the galaxy s3...
    YES!!! THIS, I agree!

Let's gonna be serious... there is Androids in all sizes, all formats and there is who want to install in webOS Devices? Why to make this downgrade?

Why don't install in Apple devices?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This will be my next phone, a Samsung Galaxy s3 running Open webOS. Hope my Pre 3 can last that long ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    daniela likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This will be my next phone, a Samsung Galaxy s3 running Open webOS. Hope my Pre 3 can last that long ......
    the issue there will be making high-res ui elements. Hopefully HP will release highres versions, or the original SVGs for icons, etc.
    Don't understand why anyone would want this, many Android apps include spyware that the user can't turn off.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad