1.    #1  
    Hey guys...sorry this might not be the right forum to post in but it wont let me post in the home-brew section for some reason so im just gonna go for it. Just installed Preware on my Pre3 and love it so far. Here are my questions

1) Now ive made changes to my phone how do I back up the entire thing incase a patch sends my phone into oblivion. Isn't it webos doctor im supposed to use? Im not just talking data I mean the entire thing. Maybe im saying this wrong. just wanna make sure I dont brick my phone.

2) Is there a patch / App to allow me to see old / dismissed notifications?

3) i disabled system logging with a patch, but there seems to be other logging patches. Whats the best to speed up performance?

4) Can I search preware? Doesn't seem to be one

again sorry for posting on this thread. Hopefully someone out there can help me.

thanks!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    1 webOS doctor will only restore your device back to factory settings. (if something were to screw your device up, or as a last ditch effort to start over again fresh or brick your phone. Doctor will revive your phone 99.9% of the time.) There is a preware app called save restore that will back you up, and backup app data. The backup feature in your settings will also backup your stuff as well, but save restore app will let you transfer your stuff to a alternate USB or computer.
    2 I do not believe there is an app for retrieving old dismissed notifications. (not 100% sure on that one)
    3 there are numerous patches like that and its mainly up for you to decide what works best in your particular likings and what seems to suit your device.
    4 you can search preware in your just type bar, you just need to select the just type search option, touch your just type then in the upper left bring down the just type preferences, scroll down some and you shall see the options to select where you want just type to do searches. (some apps and websites will offer you this option as well as you come to the websites or install the apps that have that feature in them.

Sent from HPTP Communities
    Last edited by Balooz; 06/16/2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    :-)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    1 webOS doctor will only restore your device back to factory settings. (if something were to screw your device up, or as a last ditch effort to start over again fresh or brick your phone. Doctor will revive your phone 99.9% of the time.) There is a preware app called save restore that will back you up, and backup app data. The backup feature in your settings will also backup your stuff as well, but save restore app will let you transfer your stuff to a alternate USB or computer.
    2 I do not believe there is an app for retrieving old dismissed notifications. (not 100% sure on that one)
    3 there are numerous patches like that and its mainly up for you to decide what works best in your particular likings and what seems to suit your device.
    4 you can search preware in your just type bar, you just need to select the just type search option, touch your just type then in the upper left bring down the just type preferences, scroll down some and you shall see the options to select where you want just type to do searches. (some apps and websites will offer you this option as well as you come to the websites or install the apps that have that feature in them.

Sent from HPTP Communities
    Thanks man! THis helped a lot. Wish someone would tacke the notification center thing. Seems it would be a must have!