1.    #1  
    I have no use for the app, and when I have my phone in my belt holster and I am sitting down it presses on both the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time, which makes the voice dial app sound even if the screen is off. Most of the time the screen is off so no big deal although hearing the sound is increasingly annoying. But sometimes if the screen is on it will initiate voice dial, which is definitely annoying.

Anyone know of a way to remove or disable the app entirely?
    Go to screen and lock in settings and scroll to lock screen. Then switch voice dial to off.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxshaun1xx View Post
    Go to screen and lock in settings and scroll to lock screen. Then switch voice dial to off.
    The only option is to switch voice dial off with the screen off. It doesn't allow for disabling the feature entirely

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I also want to disable voice dial. It has a mind of its own. It always comes on when I try to use the Music app plugged in to anything with speakers. It's been driving me nuts for a long time and I have never been able to find a thread about it or a way to kill it. I tried drilling down with File Manager to edit it but had no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrodan View Post
    I also want to disable voice dial. It has a mind of its own. It always comes on when I try to use the Music app plugged in to anything with speakers. It's been driving me nuts for a long time and I have never been able to find a thread about it or a way to kill it. I tried drilling down with File Manager to edit it but had no luck.
    Might I suggest investing in a set of stereo bluetooth headsets. They are great and no wires to help you drop your phone
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have found a workaround on another thread. Turn the ringer off before plugging in the headphones/speakers and it doesn't happen. I have no idea what Bluetooth headphones have to do with this problem. I want to use my phone as an mp3 player using the headphone jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrodan View Post
    I have found a workaround on another thread. Turn the ringer off before plugging in the headphones/speakers and it doesn't happen. I have no idea what Bluetooth headphones have to do with this problem. I want to use my phone as an mp3 player using the headphone jack.
    All I am saying is that if you cant find a fix for the problem, then bt is an option. I have seen the problem with my pre2 with some headsets and not others. Doesn't bother me anymore since I never plug in anything anymore.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I've just started having the same problem with voice dialing starting itself spontaneously, when something is plugged into the headphone jack (in my case to the aux jack on my car stereo).

My theory is that something is shorting either in the cord or the jack. Have a replacement cord on order since that's the easy test. Failing that will try cleaning out the jack.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Replacement cord fixed it. Have not yet switched back to the original cord as a final verification of that being the cause.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Replacement cord fixed it. Have not yet switched back to the original cord as a final verification of that being the cause.
    Sorry I don't understand how a cord would affect voice dialing

I am surprised that others do not search the forums, Voice Dial is a add on that can be disabled and fully remove via command line. I do not have the url/post at hand (on my phone).

On my touchpad now...
    Disable or Remove Voice Dial (Homebrew) [webOS 2.1+] | webOS Nation

or

How To Remove VoiceDial - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/24/2012 at 09:48 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I am surprised that others do not search the forums, Voice Dial is a add on that can be disabled and fully remove via command line. I do not have the url/post at hand (on my phone).
    I did a search using forums before I made this thread. I don't like making duplicate threads but I couldn't readily find this info

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I did a search using forums before I made this thread. I don't like making duplicate threads but I couldn't readily find this info

Disable or Remove Voice Dial (Homebrew) [webOS 2.1+] | webOS Nation

or

How To Remove VoiceDial - WebOS Internals

Now in webOS 2.2.4, the file IPK's names are now newer, and the contact plugin is now part of the stock OS, the only thing in the carrier tar is the voice command language files.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/24/2012 at 09:52 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks!