1.    #1  
    As of a day or two ago, i noticed that the speaker on my Pre3 is very crackly and the volume is lower than normal. I tried many things to remedy the problem such as pulseaudio, restarting, ect. The basics. I haven't seen another tread like mine with the same issue.

I'm really worried that the problem is physical and not with the software because the day before i was using GPS, it was sitting in the hot sun in my car and the phone froze, completely locked up still displaying the GPS unmoving and unresponsive.

If anyone knows some steps i could take I'd really appreciate it. I've heard about the micro coils for the speaker having issues, could something have happened to it in the sun?

I'm trying to avoid doctoring.

Thanks.

Jon
  2.    #2  
    bump. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Don't know if you are referring to the back speaker or the earpiece speaker, but this was my experience:

Earpiece speaker borked?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscm3 View Post
    Don't know if you are referring to the back speaker or the earpiece speaker, but this was my experience:

Earpiece speaker borked?
    Unfortunately its the back speaker, i can barely hear ,y phone ring for a call or to wake up for an alarm.
    My pre2 speaker is the same as described. Gonna replace it and post results