Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ...Everything gets older tbh, doesnt make them obsolete or useless...
    Excellent point. I used my iPAQ rx3115 from late 2004 until just about a month ago. Yep it was "obsolete" and out of support, but it just kept working.

Still works. I don't use it because I passed it along to someone else who will get some more life out of it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Excellent point. I used my iPAQ rx3115 from late 2004 until just about a month ago. Yep it was "obsolete" and out of support, but it just kept working.

Still works. I don't use it because I passed it along to someone else who will get some more life out of it.
    same logic can apply to allsorts, i mean we dont typically flock to replace our kettles with the latest kettle that can heat water 25% faster than your "old" one, biggest example would be cars, theres a lot of changing tech right there and we still see plenty of "old" ones around, because they get the job done regardless of age.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I still like my Pre 3, but sometimes I run into something that irks me and makes me wonder 'what-if' I had an android phone.

- no implementation for File Input (file upload) in basic HTML
    - lack of physical 'Home' button (although its basically the same with any android device)
    - hardware is not as sturdy as my sprint pre (like when tapping the 'Home' button)
    - battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post

I agree somewhat, but technology items become obsolete sooner than a kettle, and more importantly if you were to buy a phone today it would come with a warranty which is something a Pre 3 won't have unless he is buying one of the European models that were officially released.

We are not talking about making do with something he already owns but rather buying something today that will certainly have no warranty and/or manufacturer support, and that is a real factor that should be considered.

Btw, I love my Pre 3, and am far happier with it than I would be with another dveice, but if I were making a purchase today I might try and find an alternative.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Carbon is no longer avaliable in the App Catalog, however if you have purchased it previously on your Palm Profile you can use App Tuckerbox and Preware to install it.

Also, there are several other really good Twitter apps such as Project Macaw, Phnx, Sparrow, etc. You can see this article for my information on webOS Twitter Clients:

http://www.webosnation.com/webos-apps-twitter

As far as angry birds goes here is a screenshot of it on the Pre3:

Click to view quoted image

You really don't notice the black bars when playing it however as they blend into the rest of the phone. Interestingly Angry Birds Rio and Seasons are sized perfectly for the Pre3 even though regular Angry Birds isn't.

Click to view quoted image

I'm not sure if you have a TouchPad but if you do then you can use App Tuckerbox and Preware to expand your game and app selection quite a bit. A lot of the PDK and Enyo apps that are marked in the App Catalog as being compatible with the TouchPad only scale perfectly on the Pre3.

You might want to check out webOS Nation's review of the Pre3 (http://www.webosnation.com/review-hp-pre3) as it goes into a lot of detail on the pros and cons of the phone. (Keeping in mind 2.2.4 has since been released for the Pre3 smoothing out the software a lot.)

I think it's a great phone and if you love webOS I couldn't recommend it more. It's the best phone (so far) to run webOS. The hardware is very good with it having a front-facing camera, autofocus 5MP rear camera, TouchStone/TTS support, and 800x400 resolution. The app selection could be better but isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I have 76 apps and 54 games on my Pre3 and only find myself wanting about a dozen apps/games total that aren't avaliable on webOS (I use CM9 on my TouchPad for those). It should be getting Open webOS and ACL this fall giving the phone a bright future with a very expanded app selection.
    I found Carbon in the app catalogue, also you said "Angry Birds Rio and Seasons are sized perfectly for the Pre3" i've installed them both and are the same as normal angry birds... maybe you have the purchased version and thats why?
    Currently using HP Pre 3

Some of my previous phones include:
    HTC: Sensation XE, HD7, Mozart, HD2 & Legend. Sony Ericsson: Xperia X10 & Xperia X10 Mini Pro
    Motorola: Dext Palm: Pre, Pixi Plus & Pre2 Nokia: Lumia 800
    Apple: iPhone 3G: BlackBerry: Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Bold 9650, Storm 9500, Torch 9800, Curve 8900 & Curve 9300
    i think its safe to say anyone who owns a pre3 are probably over cautious using it, esp when they know they cant replace it, or they would have to sell a kidney+other body parts to fund a new one on ebay.

I was quite happy using mine as is without a cover etc, then as time went on i ended up getting the padded PDAIR case (damned good/sturdy tbh) and screen protector, juuuuust incase, gonan be utterly devastated the day it breaks, hopefully thats a long way off.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i think its safe to say anyone who owns a pre3 are probably over cautious using it, esp when they know they cant replace it, or they would have to sell a kidney+other body parts to fund a new one on ebay.

I was quite happy using mine as is without a cover etc, then as time went on i ended up getting the padded PDAIR case (damned good/sturdy tbh) and screen protector, juuuuust incase, gonan be utterly devastated the day it breaks, hopefully thats a long way off.
    I bought my Pre 3 from CEX for 145 brand new (Grade A) well the box had been opened but the phone hadn't been used.
    Currently using HP Pre 3

Some of my previous phones include:
    HTC: Sensation XE, HD7, Mozart, HD2 & Legend. Sony Ericsson: Xperia X10 & Xperia X10 Mini Pro
    Motorola: Dext Palm: Pre, Pixi Plus & Pre2 Nokia: Lumia 800
    Apple: iPhone 3G: BlackBerry: Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Bold 9650, Storm 9500, Torch 9800, Curve 8900 & Curve 9300
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12