1.    #1  
    Just as I've been singing the praises of my Pre 3 as 'the best phone I've ever owned', it's now gone and let me down!

The issue started about a week ago even though I haven't really installed anything new for a while, except 72ka's Google Maps and VisualBoyAdvance (in the last month).

What happens is that the phone will suddenly become very sluggish for a couple of seconds then won't react to any input, or it will just freeze up on the spot. The screen will stay on despite pressing the power button. Sometimes icons will disappear from the top bar and occasionally I've had a 'Phone Offline' message at the top left. Other times I will be able to perform a few functions such as bringing up the app popup with an upswipe, then hide it again, but I can't load anything or when I do I get a blank card.

Now here's the painful part - I spent the whole of last night using the WebOS Doctor to wipe and restore the phone, however upon using it today I've had to reset it (with POWER + Ringer Toggle 3 times) a number of times due to the same issue.

I've tried a different SIM today, but that doesn't affect it. My only other thought is that it's a faulty battery, after all I have experienced the 'sudden 0% battery' issue a handful of times this year.

Lumberjack doesn't seem to register any odd activity either, just in case someone suggests that.

Any pearls of wisdom to help me, or should I contact HP with my fingers crossed?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Just as I've been singing the praises of my Pre 3 as 'the best phone I've ever owned', it's now gone and let me down!

The issue started about a week ago even though I haven't really installed anything new for a while, except 72ka's Google Maps and VisualBoyAdvance (in the last month).

What happens is that the phone will suddenly become very sluggish for a couple of seconds then won't react to any input, or it will just freeze up on the spot. The screen will stay on despite pressing the power button. Sometimes icons will disappear from the top bar and occasionally I've had a 'Phone Offline' message at the top left. Other times I will be able to perform a few functions such as bringing up the app popup with an upswipe, then hide it again, but I can't load anything or when I do I get a blank card.

Now here's the painful part - I spent the whole of last night using the WebOS Doctor to wipe and restore the phone, however upon using it today I've had to reset it (with POWER + Ringer Toggle 3 times) a number of times due to the same issue.

I've tried a different SIM today, but that doesn't affect it. My only other thought is that it's a faulty battery, after all I have experienced the 'sudden 0% battery' issue a handful of times this year.

Lumberjack doesn't seem to register any odd activity either, just in case someone suggests that.

Any pearls of wisdom to help me, or should I contact HP with my fingers crossed?
    I got the same problem, now I make dostorized, too to try repair
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I kind of had simiilar problems. Doctoring was a bit problematic but last 24 hours were ok. Maybe doctoring it once more?
    Now I've got a problem with doctorize, WEBOS DOCTOR - 12% and don't advance.
    any idea how to fix?
    I occasionally see this on mine. Should look up the "glass doll" failing hardware effects the Pre 3 can show.

To me, the thing the OP described seems related to the battery failing. Strange. But when I've seen mine fail badly like that, it's followed by a battery symbol when I do a battery pull. Do you get this?

In my case, it comes back to life after an overnight recharge. But it happens with increasing frequency until the battery is replaced with a better one.

Anyway, good luck!
    Hi checkmate,

i had this behaviour with a replacement pre3 i got from hp after the screen on my original pre3 got faulty.
    The replacement pre booted up normaly but than the icons on top disappaered, the pre freezed or i got only black cards on app startup.
    i was never able to fix the problem( tried severeal doctors, other simcards...)
    I send the pre three times back to the hp-repaircenter in uk. At least i got another pre3 from there. So I'm sorry but i think it's an hardware issue.

greetings
    derric