1.    #1  
    I just got my Pre3 back from repair.

On the return form in the section Rapair Details / Technical Comments is written:

------
    Replacement 2nd hand flex
    Software update

Software Upgrade, Live Call Passed, Quality Control Passed
    ------

So far so clear, except one thing: what is a "2nd hand flex" ??

My problems were, that the device smelled burnt, rebooted frequently, the volume buttons didn't work anymore, neither "WiFi hotspot" nor "Freetether" worked, WiFi bled the battery empty within 2 to 4 hours and a few more things.
    I am at work currently and will be able to clip my Pre3 together in the evening (GMT+1), so I can't say yet if the problems have been solved.

But I would love to know what they have actually done.
    Any hints?
    TIA
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    rwhitby took some disassembly pictures.
    My guess is that it's a cable.
    where did you get it repaired? i have a pre 3 that i am dying to get fixed. the flex cable was a poor design. it needed a ribbon. they come loose but don't tear unless you actually do damage to the whole unit.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i'd like to know as well, same thing happened to mine. this sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    I just got my Pre3 back from repair.

On the return form in the section Rapair Details / Technical Comments is written:

------
    Replacement 2nd hand flex
    Software update

Software Upgrade, Live Call Passed, Quality Control Passed
    ------

So far so clear, except one thing: what is a "2nd hand flex" ??

My problems were, that the device smelled burnt, rebooted frequently, the volume buttons didn't work anymore, neither "WiFi hotspot" nor "Freetether" worked, WiFi bled the battery empty within 2 to 4 hours and a few more things.
    I am at work currently and will be able to clip my Pre3 together in the evening (GMT+1), so I can't say yet if the problems have been solved.

But I would love to know what they have actually done.
    Any hints?
    TIA

So what was the issue? where did you get it repaired? cost? pre 3 version.

It really is painful to move on to another smartphone. They just are not as smart as a webOS device.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Anybody know where replacement parts might be available? I have some cosmetic damage to my battery cover, and I wouldn't mind swapping it out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums