Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Just checked after reading all the new posts.

Soooo... now instead of People there's AccuWeather, so this part has been corrected. But I still get the orange triangle and "action cannot be completed" if I move to any category, and from there I move back up to the starting page.

Am I the only one getting this behavior ? If yes, what kind of infos should I send ( and where ) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by petehelm View Post
    Could someone experiencing this issue please send their webOS profile email info to pdc@palm.com so we can do some account diagnostics to see why it affecting some users and not others? This will help us resolve the problem quicker. Thanks.

Cheers,

Peter Helm
    webOS Developer Relations
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Just checked after reading all the new posts.

Soooo... now instead of People there's AccuWeather, so this part has been corrected. But I still get the orange triangle and "action cannot be completed" if I move to any category, and from there I move back up to the starting page.

Am I the only one getting this behavior ? If yes, what kind of infos should I send ( and where ) ?
    Link above.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Hey all-

We're investigating as we speak - we'll share any information as we get it. Thanks for letting us know and for your patience.

Peter Helm
    Hi Peter and glad to see you here on webOS Nation!
    (Peter was my developer relations contact back in 2010 and supported me along the way)
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    petehelm likes this.
    Hey all-

I've gotten some messages that the catalog is back up in the UK and Canada - we have also done some work on Germany and France, feel free to shoot me a message at peter.helm@palm.com to let me know things are back up (or, alternatively, if they are not). Thanks!

Cheers,

Peter
    Hey all-

I've gotten some messages that the catalog is back up in the UK and Canada - we have also done some work on Germany and France, feel free to shoot me a message at peter.helm@palm.com to let me know things are back up (or, alternatively, if they are not). Thanks!

Cheers,

Peter
    Thanks Peter for the work you do!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Still no luck for me. The App catalog doesn't load.
    European Unlocked Pre2
    "Free" App Catalog (unsupported country)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Still no luck for me. The App catalog doesn't load.
    European Unlocked Pre2
    "Free" App Catalog (unsupported country)
    Did you try the "Just type" hack? It worked for me, and I'm in the same situation (EU Unlocked Pre2, in Sweden).

It still won't open from the launcher though.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    You mean searching for an App through Just Type? Yes it works, but it's not fully functional. I cannot then go to the "Latest" apps.
    Are you able to browse the apps ?
    i just got a pre 3 (UK) and this work-around works, i will inform the other 3 colleagues who are experiencing the same problem, thanks much!

- from an ex-PALM tech support for 6 years (outsourced)

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    YMMV

I just bought Send to webOS on my TouchPad and have been having this issue with the spinning circle of death, when trying to open up the catalog on my Pre3. I decided to "Just Type" DATAJOG and then pick HP App Catalog, in the drop down Launch & Search menu.

What do you know, the Catalog opens up properly! Delete the search criteria, and everything seems to work from there. If you close and try and re-open the Catalog, back to the spinning circle of death. Just type again, and back in the Catalog.

I don't know if it will work for you, but it's something to try.
    The search workaround doesn't work if I try to download apps, it tells me not enough storage, which is impossible because I barely have any data on this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    The search workaround doesn't work if I try to download apps, it tells me not enough storage, which is impossible because I barely have any data on this thing.
    The datajog workaround worked for me. It allowed me to search and install apps, but I can't get lists. I'm thinking about parting with this device.
    The datajog workaround worked for me. It allowed me to search and install apps, but I can't get lists. I'm thinking about parting with this device.
    Yeah, I'm an *****, it was actually that /var/luna/data/downloadhistory.db problem.
    Hi,
    Any updates on this? Is there any other way than the datajog workaround (just to click HP App Catalog in the launcher).
    Maybe some patch?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Pre 3 in Australia with the US App Catalog - can't update the App Catalog app itself.
    You should email petehelm in the quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    Hi,
    Any updates on this? Is there any other way than the datajog workaround (just to click HP App Catalog in the launcher).
    Maybe some patch?
    Could someone experiencing this issue please send their webOS profile email info to pdc@palm.com so we can do some account diagnostics to see why it affecting some users and not others? This will help us resolve the problem quicker. Thanks.

Cheers,

Peter Helm
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16.    #56  
    Hello all,

It seems that the not accessible app catalog (UK) problem came back... Whenever I try to open the catalog I only see the 'AccuWeather' icon, but the wheel spins forever... The same issue also happened a month ago. I already sent an e-mail to pdc@palm.com and Peter Helms and waiting for an answer...
    Just curious if more UK catalog users experience this problem again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    Pre 3 in Australia with the US App Catalog - can't update the App Catalog app itself.
    at&t pre3 in Australia Store - stopped working, hp app catalog hung with only one Accuweather ad there and spinning wheel. Doctored it, logged on to same account. Maps failed to download, all other apps nicely reinstalled. Same issue on hp app catalog front page.

Doctored to ROW, same issues - Maps failed to download again (I retried and it succeded) and hp app catalog is spinning there.

So I did a Full Erase, and lo! App catalog worked. (Maps 1st download failed as usual but retry helped)
    I updated hp App Catalog to 2.0.23400 and same issue with front page not loading! (shows Accuweather only)

It's broken, definitely. Maybe the new version broke it?
    Today the HP App Catalog start magically working for me too.
    I think that HP did something with the website, as I was contacting HP Chat
  19.    #59  
    Still not working for me (Netherlands, UK app catalog). Hope they can find a permanent solution soon and fix it. This is becoming annoying, the same issue within a month..... HP webos stability is really going down the drain now..
    i suspect this relates to individual device profiles, and not the website itself
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast