Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69
Like Tree9Likes
  1. #21  
    YMMV


    I just bought Send to webOS on my TouchPad and have been having this issue with the spinning circle of death, when trying to open up the catalog on my Pre3. I decided to "Just Type" DATAJOG and then pick HP App Catalog, in the drop down Launch & Search menu.

    What do you know, the Catalog opens up properly! Delete the search criteria, and everything seems to work from there. If you close and try and re-open the Catalog, back to the spinning circle of death. Just type again, and back in the Catalog.

    I don't know if it will work for you, but it's something to try.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  2. gregp's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #22  
    Great find sledge007! Works for me too! Hopefully HP can fix whatever's breaking the front page.
    sledge007 and daniela like this.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Great find sledge007! Works for me too! Hopefully HP can fix whatever's breaking the front page.
    Lucky guess
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. #24  
    Hey all-

    We're investigating as we speak - we'll share any information as we get it. Thanks for letting us know and for your patience.

    Peter Helm
    webOS Developer Relations
    daniela likes this.
  5. #25  
    Could someone experiencing this issue please send their webOS profile email info to pdc@palm.com so we can do some account diagnostics to see why it affecting some users and not others? This will help us resolve the problem quicker. Thanks.

    Cheers,

    Peter Helm
    webOS Developer Relations
    daniela likes this.
  6. #26  
    Sent.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    YMMV


    I just bought Send to webOS on my TouchPad and have been having this issue with the spinning circle of death, when trying to open up the catalog on my Pre3. I decided to "Just Type" DATAJOG and then pick HP App Catalog, in the drop down Launch & Search menu.

    What do you know, the Catalog opens up properly! Delete the search criteria, and everything seems to work from there. If you close and try and re-open the Catalog, back to the spinning circle of death. Just type again, and back in the Catalog.

    I don't know if it will work for you, but it's something to try.
    It works for me with the "search" tip.Thanks mate! now up to HP to fix the catalog issue.sent them my email profile
    sledge007 and daniela like this.
  8. #28  
    I live in Panama, Panama and my Pre3 can access and download the free apps normally from the catalog.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    I live in Panama, Panama and my Pre3 can access and download the free apps normally from the catalog.
    Right, but this problem is in Canada and the UK from what I've seen so far.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B. View Post
    I also talked with the HP service chatline and was told to do a full erase. I did so, and it did not fix the app catalog (but my problems with a slow calendar were solved, so I guess it was worth something...). What I did discover after some tinkering is that my App Catalog here in Germany is available only if I have the language set to German, but not if I have my telephone set to use an English interface (which I prefer and which is the only one where my topbar patches work). Why this should have any impact on anything as far as the App Catalog goes is beyond me. Why shouldn't we be able to change the UI language as we prefer?
    I'm in the exact same position. In Germany - but always set my UI to english.

    Used to work fine for 2.5 years.
    And for all HP knows we could be expats or travellers. For that reason alone this should always work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B. View Post
    So, my workaround is to use my phone with English menus, and if I want to do anything with the HP App Catalog, temporarily switch to German.
    Sigh. It's good to have a workaround, but sure would like last weeks convenience back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B. View Post
    I still love my Pre3, but they don't make it easy for us.
    Indeed.

    I'm resigned to the fact that there won't be anything new coming to webos for the forseeable future.
    But HP could at least invest the minimal effort to avoid regressions in functionality.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  11. #31  
    I could confirm that switching to german (I'm in Germany - but normally use english UI) makes the app cat work again.

    Further experimentation lead to interesting results.
    Switching to espanol - app cat still work.
    Switching to englsh (UK) - works :-)
    Switching to english (USA) - forever spinning.

    Well - UK english is fine with me.

    Fixed it for me.

    Though I find it weird that the US english setting has troubles.

    I never doctored the phone.
    In over 2.5 years I didn't have to doctor either the Pre nor the Pre3. I think in most cases it's not necessary and just something tech support says to get people off the phone.
    Last edited by tholap; 06/07/2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  12. #32  
    Thanks to all who sent in their webOS profile info. It's going to be a huge help in resolving this so your catalogs will return to normal.

    Cheers,

    Peter
    webOS Developer Relations
    daniela and cubeover like this.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by petehelm View Post
    Thanks to all who sent in their webOS profile info. It's going to be a huge help in resolving this so your catalogs will return to normal.

    Cheers,

    Peter
    webOS Developer Relations
    Still one of the best support around.it shows that you care.thanks
  14. gregp's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #34  
    Agree 100%. It's a breath of fresh air.

    I can also confirm changing the device language brings the front page of the app catalog. I don't speak Spanish but it proved the point.

    Greg
  15. #35  
    The App catalog it's working again on my little lovely veer.. i am soooo happy.
    Thanks Peter.
    You guys rock!
  16. gregp's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #36  
    Wow ditto! Great work Peter, Keith and the rest of the team who worked on this problem. A pity I was made to erase and doctor my phone before there was an admission by Level 1 support that my device wasn't the problem. Hopefully the value of a bit of 'common sense' can be considered when answering helpdesk requests so escalation can at least be considered before completely destroying every vestige of user data on the user's device.

    Greg
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    I could confirm that switching to german (I'm in Germany - but normally use english UI) makes the app cat work again.

    Further experimentation lead to interesting results.
    Switching to espanol - app cat still work.
    Switching to englsh (UK) - works :-)
    Switching to english (USA) - forever spinning.

    Well - UK english is fine with me.

    Fixed it for me.

    Though I find it weird that the US english setting has troubles.

    I never doctored the phone.
    In over 2.5 years I didn't have to doctor either the Pre nor the Pre3. I think in most cases it's not necessary and just something tech support says to get people off the phone.
    It works! We'll see if Peter can find a solution, but in the meantime I can leave things on some flavor of English, even though as an expat American, the date format on the UK setting seems a little odd with DD/MM. But I can live with that.

    Thanks for your detective work!

    Diane
  18. #38  
    I assume this means that there is one EU catalog for "ROW", and that HP simply lumps Germany the UK and Spain together for its app catalog.
  19. #39  
    Working for me in Canada, thanks Peter.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20.    #40  
    I'm a Happy Camper again..! This morning I could access the (UK) App Catalog as well. I already sent a thank you message to pdc@palm.com, but would like to mention my appreciation here as well: Thank you very much Peter!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions