Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Does the Pre 3 tether on Straight Talk? Will Freetether still work?
    FreeTether worked just fine.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    So is pre3 getting 4G or 3G, and is it true unlimited like sprint for free tether?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So is pre3 getting 4G or 3G, and is it true unlimited like sprint for free tether?
    I was seeing the same speeds as I see on AT&T, 1.5meg and higher.

It is not unlimited data- see my earlier post. StraightTalk will cut your service if you exceed some threshold.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    I would certainly advise anyone using any of these MVNO's that *claim* unlimited data to use Netstat to keep track of how much data they're actually using.
    Wasn't sure I was ready to, but I just won an auction on Ebay for a Pre3 for $290! I have been on Sprint for over 15 years, so now it looks like I may have to switch carriers! (Currently on FrankenPre 2)

So all of you in non-Sprint United States - what is your recommendation to get this activated? I plan on using it like my Sprint Pre - navigation, phone calls, internet, games, etc. I live in SW Florida, so 4g isn't really an option.

I appreciate your responses.
    I had an LG Optimus Chic that died after I changed its rom many time. I went to kijiji and found that women selling her Pre 2 for $70, I offered $50 and she accepted. Thanks to WebOSnation I was able to activate fully and for the past three months I fell in love with WebOS to a point I decided to acquire a pre 3. Back to kijji but this time Canada nation wide, I found a guy who wanted to sell his for $200, I offered $150 and I received it today.
    I tried iPhone many time over a period of 3 weeks but I could not but hate it. I also hate HP for killing WebOS, that was the most ***** decision for the best OS I have ever worked with in the past 20 years. I just wanted to share my last 3 months experience with WebOS. Love it Love it Love it!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Wow, you really do pay through the nose over there don't you? I didn't realise it was quite that bad if you supply your own phone.

Over here in the UK I pay £10 a month (pay as you go, no phone, no contract) for unlimited data and text with 250 minutes (GiffGaff with monthly £10 goody bag). I could get something for less but the data would be limited to maybe 1 or 2G and it would be harder to administer (topping up is automatic with GiffGaff). Even my daughter's subsidised android thing on contract is only £20 a month (includes 1G data).
    Keep in mind the exchange rate. Also, we Americans love free phones, and are too stupid to realize where the money comes from to subsidize them.
  7.    #27  
    I've been using Pre 3 on Straight Talk for a week now - seems to have better battery life and faster speeds than my Sprint Frankenpre 2.

I really miss turn-by-turn navigation. Neither Bing nor Googlemaps are consistent for me, and I need the voice. Any suggestions?
    I've been using Pre 3 on Straight Talk for a week now - seems to have better battery life and faster speeds than my Sprint Frankenpre 2.

I really miss turn-by-turn navigation. Neither Bing nor Googlemaps are consistent for me, and I need the voice. Any suggestions?
    I use navit and it works great for me.
    pinoyrepn1124 likes this.
    I second using Navit. I've used it on a FrankenPre 2, Veer, and Pre 3. It works great and you can set it as your default map application. There's a plugin you can install as well to start navigation from Just Type.

You can change the measurements to US instead of metric if you'd like. I haven't figured out how to turn off the voice though.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I second using Navit. I've used it on a FrankenPre 2, Veer, and Pre 3. It works great and you can set it as your default map application. There's a plugin you can install as well to start navigation from Just Type.

You can change the measurements to US instead of metric if you'd like. I haven't figured out how to turn off the voice though.

Tim

I have muted sound by just tapping the speaker icon in the right hand corner, mutes the sound and voice.
    Sent from either my Pre, Pre≤, Pre≥, or TP's.*
    pinoyrepn1124 likes this.
    With Straight Talk can you use a stock AT&T Pre3 or do you need it to be unlocked? Seems to be a good supply of new AT&T Pre3s on ebay.

Had a Pre- on Sprint, switched to Android but I'm tired of it. Want to go back to WebOS and I'm trying to decide between a FrankenPre2 or jumping off the Sprint boat to get a Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar94 View Post
    With Straight Talk can you use a stock AT&T Pre3 or do you need it to be unlocked? Seems to be a good supply of new AT&T Pre3s on ebay.

Had a Pre- on Sprint, switched to Android but I'm tired of it. Want to go back to WebOS and I'm trying to decide between a FrankenPre2 or jumping off the Sprint boat to get a Pre3.
    I recently got an AT&T Veer and went through the unlock (Dogbert's Method) to use ST... But when I put in the SIM it didn't ask for the unlock code.

According to the man himself -

Dogbert: "glad to hear it worked for you. The straighttalk SIM is at&t so it'll work on locked devices. If you put in a SIM card from another provider, let's say t-mobile, you'll need the unlock code."

ST is an mvno of AT&T so it makes sense that their SIM would work... But even if you have to unlock to get the dialer configurations to take hold, Dogbert's Method is pretty easy and straightforward... I'm not a Linux-head or Dev or anything and I managed without fumbling it up.

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12