Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been using a Hotmail account on my Pre 3 (webOS 2.2.3) without problems for months, but today it stopped synchronizing (without any error message). I've tried removing the account in Mail>Preferences and Accounts and creating it again (New Mail Account>Exchange>Manual (https://m.hotmail.com, blank domain, hotmail address as username) and now I keep getting the error message "Unable to sign in, your username or password is not correct". I believe that my login/password are correct because all my computers with Outlook 2010 and my Android tablet have no similar problems and my login works normally even in the browser on hotmail.com.

My next step was a Full Erase of the device. After that i connected to my Palm account, the device asked me for my passwords incl. the Hotmail account. My password was accepted, however nothing happened and no emails or contacts were synchronized. I've tried to remove and add the account once more, and now I'm stuck again with the error "Unable to sign in, your username or password is not correct". Does anyone has a clue?
    Yes, I'm having this problem, too.

My Android is working better than before (now is loading in full html and; before, was loading in text as webOS), but my two webos devices cannot sign or update.

All steps was tested, and the problem continue!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    another thread with people (including myself) having the same issue. it has not been solved yet.

Hotmail EAS
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys, at least I know that I'm not the only one with this issue. I guess I'll try my muck with Hotmail support now since there is nothing more to be done in the phone :-(
    Same here !!!!!! I'm quite annoyed as it was working like a charm before!
    Any news about that issue?

----
    HP VEER WebOS 2.1.1
    Ehm...

my hotmail on the pre3 still works normally... sending and receiving without issues ( just tried it now to doublecheck).
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Ehm...

my hotmail on the pre3 still works normally... sending and receiving without issues ( just tried it now to doublecheck).
    did you add the hotmail account as a nomal email account or exchange account? the exchange one is having problems
    Given that it shows a yellow envelope with a circle in front, I would say exchange
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I got the same issue with my Hotmail Microsoft Exchange account. Standard Hotmail email account still works though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    I got the same issue with my Hotmail Microsoft Exchange account. Standard Hotmail email account still works though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Hey what's up? Remember me? Pre2 fiasco? Anyway, I have resorted to creating a new hotmail account and forwarding all my mail from the non functioning exchange account to the new account. For whatever reason, my new account is allowed to log in, while the hotmail exchange account I've been using for the past 15 years has become unusable on my 2.2.4 Pre3. I've done quite a bit of searching and this appears to be a widespread issue. Forwarding my mail appears to be the most functional workaround as it allows access to all my folders and does appear to push my mail to notifications as items arrive. My junk mail folder does not forward, so filtering has become a whole other task to tackle. I'll try to post a step by step if there is interest, but it's pretty simple to figure out the forwarding part. My Pre3 does not allow access to the hotmail site itself as of late either; it did in the past, but it was unreliable and sometimes gave error messages (This site may be experiencing a technical problem or may not be a part of Windows Live network.
    You can try again later or browse other Windows Live sites.) and would not allow access at times. Now does not allow login at all.
    I find it strange I am able to log in with one account and not the other?!
    UPDATE: I can now log in to the hotmail.com site AFTER clearing history, cookies and cache from browser preferences. This allows access to the junk folder which didn't get pushed to notifications anyway, so at least I have access to everything on device again. Hope these last 2 posts at least gets you access to your mail. The forwarding work around will push your inbox and clearing cookies should let you log in to the site for junk. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Forwarding my mail appears to be the most functional workaround as it allows access to all my folders and does appear to push my mail to notifications as items arrive.
    how do you get access to all you folders though forwarding? This is the only problem I have with adding the account as normal email account instead of through exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    how do you get access to all you folders though forwarding? This is the only problem I have with adding the account as normal email account instead of through exchange.
    You need to log in from the site hotmail.com. I use mobios app and have no problems. I at least get access to the folders. If you get the error, clear cookies from browser preferences. If you forward your contacts through the exchange forwarding method I mentioned a few posts back, your contacts will sync as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyhooper View Post
    I think you haven't add hotmail account to your regular email account or you can say exchange account and yes clear all history may be this should be the also problem.
    ?
    Seems like a problem on HOTMAILs account - but I hope this is an error and can be undone.
    If they changed the protocol version and leave it that way - then we have all a problem

Same problem, on both Droid 2 Global and Droid 4.

I connected a debugger to the Droid 2 Global and was able to get some additional info.

06-02 12:19:29.701 1390 3456 I FldrSyncEH:2:ema: Sending FolderSync, sync key: 0
    06-02 12:19:29.724 1390 3456 I EASMgr:2:ema: Request: https://m.hotmail.com/Microsoft-Serv...MDAyMkUyNEEzNw
    vdG9EUk9JRDJHTE9CQUw=
    06-02 12:19:30.685 1390 3456 W EASMgr:2:ema: sendRequest: Server responded with status: 400(Unsupported version header in the request)
    06-02 12:19:30.927 1390 3456 W BlurEmailEngine: Work item status error: command=3 account=2 status=3 error=200
    Source:
    Hotmail sync stopped working on Droid 4... HELP! - Microsoft Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    You need to log in from the site hotmail.com.
    my bad, i thought you meant forwarding allowed the use of folders in the email app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    my bad, i thought you meant forwarding allowed the use of folders in the email app.
    I wish! What a bother. I'm pickled as to why a new account doesn't have a problem and my old one does. They are setup identically. At least I have access again.
    This was not helping me - but maybe it helps someone else:

Searching around for this problem after it happened on my HP Touchpad and a Nokia N9 with MeeGo I found a thread on the N9 that mentioned you should be able to find out which 'prefix' to use by going to your hotmail in a browser.

For me the link in the browser starts with https://bay166.mail.live.com/...

so I used bay-m.hotmail.com as my server. Now at least I can sync calendar and contacts, mail still doesn't work...

-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry201 View Post
    I just tried my hotmail again and it still does not work but it works on other devices. Did anyone get any info on what has caused this?
    Looks bad for us - if not someone from the WebOS community find a way to fix it...

Hotmail Sync (EAS) Broken on Mobile Devices - Microsoft Answers
    Sorry, I forgot about this thread: At least for me, the Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync service from Mocrosoft is working again. I had a horrid alternative setup, using GMail as a "bridge" to my Hotmail account. Then one day, out of pure boredom, I added again my account through the usual Exchange plugin and it's working full steam again.

I had a Microsoft guy reaching me some weeks ago, almost a full month after the problem arised. He asked me for some obvious details, which I promptly gave him, and I've never heard of him again. So I don't know if they did something specifically for me, or fixed the whole thing altogether.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast