Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    Could someone here give me some tips on doctoring my Pre 3? My machine won't recognise it (I am using a 10.6.x MacBook). I have tried the Terminal novacom reset commands and pulled the USB plenty of times, but the button saying 'NEXT' still says greyed out when it asks you to connect your device.

    On my Pre- I used to have to pull the battery and hold vol down (or up, I can't quite remember) but trying that trick on my Pre 3 (apart from being fiddly with the buttons hard to press with the back off) only brings up an empty battery with a question mark in it on the screen.

    Please, somebody help me, I'm desperate to completely reset my Pre 3!

    As a side note, having completely erased my Pre 3 from the menus (although it isn'y fully erased as many of the patches/mods remain) it will not download any of my apps from my profile. Is there a problem with HPs servers?
  2. #2  
    If you're getting that battery symbol, it usually means your battery is dead. You should probably let it charge up until it has at least 50% capacity, and then try it again.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If you're getting that battery symbol, it usually means your battery is dead. You should probably let it charge up until it has at least 50% capacity, and then try it again.
    hey,

    No the battery is fully juiced, I think you've misunderstood me...the doctor won't recognise the Pre 3 with the battery in so I tried the same trick I used to pull on my old Pre- by pulling the battery, holding vol down and I inserting the USB cable...which is when the question mark symbol comes up
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    hey,

    No the battery is fully juiced, I think you've misunderstood me...the doctor won't recognise the Pre 3 with the battery in so I tried the same trick I used to pull on my old Pre- by pulling the battery, holding vol down and I inserting the USB cable...which is when the question mark symbol comes up
    I thought it was volume UP... and...

    Isn't reinsert battery the next step for that recovery mode???
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    rasputintin likes this.
  5.    #5  
    All sorted, thanks! Seems that the Pre 3 is not so different from its older brother...it just has more fiddly buttons to press when the back is off.

    For anyone reading this with the same problem:

    REMOVE BATTERY AND USB CABLE

    HOLD VOL UP

    INSERT USB CABLE (THE QUESTION MARK BATTERY PIC WILL APPEAR ON THE PRE 3'S SCREEN)

    QUICKLY INSERT BATTERY....THEN THE USB SYMBOL SHOULD APPEAR AND YOU CAN CLICK ON 'NEXT' IN THE WEBOS DOCTOR
  6. #6  
    Interestingly enough, I just restarted my Pre3, held the volume up button and I'm in recovery mode. No battery removal required.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Interestingly enough, I just restarted my Pre3, held the volume up button and I'm in recovery mode. No battery removal required.
    That's the method I have always used. You can also simultaneously hold white square (below "A" on keypad) Sym key and "R" keys while USB is plugged in. Device will reboot and you hold down volume up to achieve recovery mode. Can you even follow all that? Easier than it sounds.
    Stay thirsty, my friends

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions