1.    #1  
    Hi everybody,

I'm a very happy Pre3 owner, with a little problem, which started a couple of months ago - every time I try to transfer a file (audio or video) from the pc to the phone (in USB mode), after a few seconds of good transfer the pc doesn't see the Pre3 in its devices list suddenly, the transfer halts and I have no choice but to disconnect the USB cable from the phone to wake him up.

I did doctor it once, but the problem stayed.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thank you for your help!
    Sounds like more of a PC issue than a Pre3 issue. Do you have another PC try the transfer on?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    Forgot to mention: yes, I tried different computers with no success.
    Guess what? My Pre3 behaves exactly like that sometimes, mostly when I copy a lot of files at once. If I do it one by one, there's no problem. Difficult to say who's to blame, but Windows USB stack is proven to work in millions of different scenarios, while the Pre3, obviously, hasn't.

Still bearable for me, though. I love this unicorn too much!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    @gabriel:

Try copying the files wirelessly. Give WiFi File Sharing a try.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Guess what? My Pre3 behaves exactly like that sometimes, mostly when I copy a lot of files at once. If I do it one by one, there's no problem. Difficult to say who's to blame, but Windows USB stack is proven to work in millions of different scenarios, while the Pre3, obviously, hasn't.

Still bearable for me, though. I love this unicorn too much!
    Annoying? Yes. Bearable? Definitely. We're talking endangered species here...

I'll go the wireless path for now - thank you for your support. Owning a Pre3 is like being part of a secret society, and sometimes one needs to know he/she are not completely alone, in a world full of unknowns.

Semper Fi