Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MudShark22
  1.    #1  
    Here's my problem. I bought a Verizon Pre3. Problem is that I did ##devmode# , bypassing the initial HP profile sign-in page. So I just activated service to the phone with Verizon, but I cannot seem to figure out how to sign into the HP profile. When I access the accounts icon from the launcher, the HP webOS Account field is grayed-out, not allowing me to alter that field. It says, "Dr. Skipped firstuse" . Any idea what I should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGALUN View Post
    Here's my problem. I bought a Verizon Pre3. Problem is that I did ##devmode# , bypassing the initial HP profile sign-in page. So I just activated service to the phone with Verizon, but I cannot seem to figure out how to sign into the HP profile. When I access the accounts icon from the launcher, the HP webOS Account field is grayed-out, not allowing me to alter that field. It says, "Dr. Skipped firstuse" . Any idea what I should do?
    hahahahahahhaaha, sorry that was funny! wish i could help.
    Post #2 should be deleted for tacitly suggesting that the word 'Motor' has a certain synonym beginning w/ 'sh'.

To get the HP profile, I believe you must delete the Dr Skipped account and reboot the device. Do so after using Impostah to create or sign into a profile then delete the Dr and reboot.

Can someone confirm?
    Install the show firstuse app patch. And then run firstuse. It worked for me back in the day.
    Hi!

Just activated a "new" (actualy, used) phone I got to fix my original Pre 3. Just use Impostah and follow the instructions here: http://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-2-x

Good Luck!
    There are a couple of ways forward from here:

The cleanest way (IMO): erase all apps and data; when the phone reboots you can log into 'old' or 'new' profile and dr. skipped first use will be gone.

Another way would be to use the impostah instructions noted above.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  7.    #7  
    Will try. Thanks to you guys for the advice. A little Leary, but no pain, no gain, right?
    Just got a Pre3, but won't be able to activate it on AT&T for a month or so...I would like to use it as a Wifi device.

I currently have a Pre2 on Sprint, but would like to activate this Pre3 for WiFi only. IS this possible to have the same profile on both phones since it is not carrier activated? I have seen the info to do the procedure, but it is somewhat unclear if the profile sign-in is only for one phone. mainly reading between both the 1.X and the 2.X tutorials and not sure which parts are still legit for entering an existing profile that will not wipe my other device.

Can someone clear this up, or point me in the proper direction. I did a search, but this forum is the closest I found.
    Thanks!

UPDATE: Just attempted this with the tutorials and after reboot and installing impostah (couldnt find any first use patches in WOSQI) my phone signed me out of the palm profile and rebooted, and is now stuck in the boot loop....DOH!!! Finally got the Pre2 doctored and restoring data.

Still not sure where I went wrong on getting the Pre3 on wireless without wiping my other phone.
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 05/21/2012 at 11:34 PM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  9.    #9  
    Okay.....so I successfully used impostah to finally enter my original credentials; however, the synergy which should pull my Google contact pictures and Facebook contact photos, didn't seem to migrate over. Also the apps that I previously had purchased and/or download to my old Sprint Pre- were not restored automatically to the Pre3. It seems that if I go to the HP App store, at least. It seems to recognize that I did purchase those apps, and allows me to download without charging me again. Another concern is that I still cannot delete the Dr. First use account nor can I modify my old Palm profile which is now also showing in the accounts list. It also shows what seems to be duplicates accounts such as Google, Yahoo, Aol, etc. I also have installed Preware, Govnah, Internalz, as well as a few other homebrew apps as well, and it seems that the battery drains fairly quickly without hardly much use. Any ideas on these areas of concern would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    @DJeremyC:

It is not currently possible to have two phones registered with a single palm profile account.
    You cannot have your Pre2 and Pre3 'registered' at the same time.

The best that one can do is "stopdevicewipe" one phone which removes the phone from being associated with a palm profile but retains all data and apps. The phone should still work (calls, sms, email etc.) but you will not have app catalog, palm server backup or receive any OTA updates since its no longer 'registered' with palm. Essentially its invisible to their servers.

@ cagalun:

The only way I know to remove Dr. Skipped First Use is to "Erase All Apps and Data" and then log in with your
    true palm profile. This is what I did with my pre3 when I had 'devmoded' it upon receipt. Sorry I could not be more helpful here.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    @DJeremyC:

It is not currently possible to have two phones registered with a single palm profile account.
    You cannot have your Pre2 and Pre3 'registered' at the same time.

The best that one can do is "stopdevicewipe" one phone which removes the phone from being associated with a palm profile but retains all data and apps. The phone should still work (calls, sms, email etc.) but you will not have app catalog, palm server backup or receive any OTA updates since its no longer 'registered' with palm. Essentially its invisible to their servers.

@ cagalun:

The only way I know to remove Dr. Skipped First Use is to "Erase All Apps and Data" and then log in with your
    true palm profile. This is what I did with my pre3 when I had 'devmoded' it upon receipt. Sorry I could not be more helpful here.
    But how to erase all apps and data.......webos doctor?
    But how to erase all apps and data.......webos doctor?
    Device Info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data (or Full Erase to get the USB drive too)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  13.    #13  
    So just to get this straight. First I should erase data and apps, then what? Reboot, and should it bring me to the inital WEBOS login screen to to enter my profile info? I need to know for sure before I attempt this....thanks.
    So just to get this straight. First I should erase data and apps, then what? Reboot, and should it bring me to the inital WEBOS login screen to to enter my profile info? I need to know for sure before I attempt this....thanks.
    When you erase all apps and data, the phone will restart and you will enter your profile info.
    After accepting your profile information, it should begin the synergy process (d/l apps, emails, contacts etc.)

Note: If you have patches installed from preware prior to "erase", when you re-load preware, it will not 'know' the patches are there. This has caused some issues for some peeps. My personal suggestion is to uninstall any patches or kernels.

Let us know how it goes.
    treodoc755 likes this.
    thanks for the great instructions. My son wiped his Veer accidentally, so this saved his device, and I was able to use these instructions to re-activate my Verizon Pre 3 (needed to confirm it was wiped before I give it away).

The only thing misleading in all of these instructions is the ##DEVMODE## or #*DEVMODE# - it should be ##3386633# ... I spent some time trying to figure out how to get characters into the phone app in bypass mode (can't) before learning you aren't supposed to.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    thanks for the great instructions. My son wiped his Veer accidentally, so this saved his device, and I was able to use these instructions to re-activate my Verizon Pre 3 (needed to confirm it was wiped before I give it away).

The only thing misleading in all of these instructions is the ##DEVMODE## or #*DEVMODE# - it should be ##3386633# ... I spent some time trying to figure out how to get characters into the phone app in bypass mode (can't) before learning you aren't supposed to.
    You're going to give it away???
    I finally just set up a new profile. Now everytime I redoctor it and tried to active the device I get the Skipped Dr. FirstUse as the HP webOS Account Username. So then i went and did the app erase route, redid the Impostah activation. Now Impostah shows that my Account Template is HP webOS Account, but the Account Username is blank. hhmmm....why?

I am able to access the app catalog, sometimes it fails a download but will redownload just fine. IS this an issue? Shouldnt show an Account Username. Also now I can't go to the profile device access website and log in to either account. Everytime I try to log in it says USer Session has Expired, reload page.

Totally confused here...followed instructions and most works but not sure what I missed.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    BTW, since smartphones keep the time based on network time, hwo does this work on a bypassed Pre3. I set the time and it keeps up, but if i turn the phone off for a bit, when i turn the phone back on the time is off...is there a setting or patch that would help the phone calculate to keep the time accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    BTW, since smartphones keep the time based on network time, hwo does this work on a bypassed Pre3. I set the time and it keeps up, but if i turn the phone off for a bit, when i turn the phone back on the time is off...is there a setting or patch that would help the phone calculate to keep the time accurate?
    You should use the clock sync app. It will sync your phone over wifi to the internet time.
    http://www.webosnation.com/clock-sync

http://www.webosnation.com/app/download/clock-sync