Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    OK, after my experience with my pre 3"s screen i am looking at leaving. i really don't want to . I am looking at the Blackberry Torch. If i could get a replacement screen or fix the wires to my screen i would gladly stay with web os. Again we are let down by crappy hardware. Is there a way to get web os on a Torch?
    Geez wait for BB10. Thats what everyone else is doing that cant take it anymore. Sell your pre 3 for parts and buy a pre2 on ebay for awhile. Hell id go back to a plus phone before iphone or android.
    what happened to your pre3's screen?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what happened to your pre3's screen?
    i dropped the phone and ! of the wires for the touch screen came out. the touch screen does not work at all. everything else works. How much is a pre 3 for parts going for now?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    Geez wait for BB10. Thats what everyone else is doing that cant take it anymore. Sell your pre 3 for parts and buy a pre2 on ebay for awhile. Hell id go back to a plus phone before iphone or android.
    Oh and on waiting for bb10. that's ages away. my phone is down now. no time. if its that good and web os has nothing they have me.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh2o View Post
    i dropped the phone
    sure blame the hardware

(Excuse me Doctor, I'd like to return my defective new born baby.It's eye fell out! I only dropped it once!)
    Last edited by methods; 05/17/2012 at 09:58 PM.
    PREcurser likes this.
    Drop your phone and all bets are off. Most of the time you get away with it but one day the worst will happen.

I keep telling people get a touchstone and keep phone on it when in car. In the lap is the worst place for it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    sure blame the hardware

(Excuse me Doctor, I'd like to return my defective new born baby.It's eye fell out! I only dropped it once!)
    the drop would have been ok if the wires had been banded together like all the others were. . there was no tape banding them together. the 1 got severed. it was a tangle of wires.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    If you're looking at making the jump, be sure you take a look at the new Nokia 900. I added one of those to my arsenal of mobile devices, and it's super slick. Windows Phone is really starting to look polished and -- like WebOS -- it just works.

The hardware is really pretty slick and clean looking, too. And I'll be the first to admit, I've wondered just how sexy this beast would have been if it'd had WebOS on it... ah, dreams...
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    OK, after my experience with my pre 3"s screen i am looking at leaving. i really don't want to . I am looking at the Blackberry Torch. If i could get a replacement screen or fix the wires to my screen i would gladly stay with web os. Again we are let down by crappy hardware. Is there a way to get web os on a Torch?
    Absolutely don't go for the Blackberry Torch. I just got one a few weeks ago, and let me tell you the user interface is terrible. Like horrendous. Beyond pathetic. Go with Android, go with iOS, go with Windows Phone, maybe investigate going with a later Blackberry model running BB OS 7 if they improved the UI much (I don't know whether they have or not). But believe me, if you go from a webOS Pre 3 to a BB OS 6 Blackberry Torch, night after night you're going to find yourself crying in your beer, or your cola, or whatever your beverage of choice is.

Don't do it.

I mean it.

Am I getting though to you???
    PREcurser likes this.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    There are youtube videos that describe how to fix ribbon cables. I can't watch them while at work, but I am often amazed about what things can be fixed, and the people who take the time to show you how. Like the videos showing how to build a Franken Pre.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKern View Post
    There are youtube videos that describe how to fix ribbon cables. I can't watch them while at work, but I am often amazed about what things can be fixed, and the people who take the time to show you how. Like the videos showing how to build a Franken Pre.
    Thanks but unfortunately they are not ribbon cables. if they were it would be a better design. They r just wires & being all loosey goosey threy get tangled eventually.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    honestly if its just a wire issue take it to a local fix-it cell phone place and get an estimate, they should be able to fix it...and no I don't mean the metro pcs front kiosk in the mall next to their cousins we buy gold kiosk.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    honestly if its just a wire issue take it to a local fix-it cell phone place and get an estimate, they should be able to fix it...and no I don't mean the metro pcs front kiosk in the mall next to their cousins we buy gold kiosk.
    i will try that. i ho
    pe they can fix it.
    If it's just 1 wire that's cut, why not just twist the ends together and cover it with a tiny strip of electric tape? It's one wire...
  16.    #16  
    these wires are very small. i have never seen any wires like these. i cant find out if they are regular wires or something special.
  17.    #17  
    OK i just got it from the repair shop. it is the main flex cable. similar to the issue others have had with the volume rocker issues. the flex cable was poorly designed. look at other sliders and they know that putting a cable with not enough slack into a moving section with no true protection is bad.Does any one know any thing about San Diego PC repair? they clam to be able to repair pre 3s.

HP Pre 3 Repair Services Nationwide
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    I have a torch - the one without a physical keyboard. Unless you really like on-screen keyboards, I'd recommend against getting that. Rather, I'd recommend the newest Bold, which has a physical keyboard and a touch-screen above.
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    HP Pre 3 Trojan, Spyware And Virus Removal
    HP Pre 3 Android Repair and Version 2.2 Upgrade

aside from these 2 "repair" claims that aren't even valid.....they seem legit.

Probably worth a shot though.....Ribbon cables are ribbon cables.....I imagine they will expose both ends of the wire, put on some heat shrink, solder them together, and then seal them with the heat shrink.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Coming from a BB Bold user (OS6 9700) I have to say it was my FIRST smartphone, and I hated it. It kept lagging, the UI was horrible, it kept saying "Sorry! Website is too large so were closing it!" and it had NO STORAGE FOR APPS (256 mb capacity... really? I mean I can't even download my apps onto the memory card)

A Torch will probably be almost the same experience!

The only thing I liked about my BB was the email experience and the free Doc editing app with it + Dropbox and Evernote (And those are available for all other OSes)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast