Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh2o View Post
    i dropped the phone and ! of the wires for the touch screen came out. the touch screen does not work at all. everything else works. How much is a pre 3 for parts going for now?
    Huh, I dropped my Sprint Pre2 from a second story (by accident) and it landed on the parking lot flat on the Gorilla glass. After freaking out and flying down the stairs, nothing happened to it. That was months ago and it's still working. How's that for "crappy" hardware? Like we haven't seen many a cracked iPhone, which is "superior" hardware...
    All these threads about people dropping their phones.....I had a dream nightmare I dropped my Pre3 last night, and it wasn't good. Woke up, all better.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphaelgo View Post
    Coming from a BB Bold user (OS6 9700) I have to say it was my FIRST smartphone, and I hated it. It kept lagging, the UI was horrible, it kept saying "Sorry! Website is too large so were closing it!" and it had NO STORAGE FOR APPS (256 mb capacity... really? I mean I can't even download my apps onto the memory card)

A Torch will probably be almost the same experience!

The only thing I liked about my BB was the email experience and the free Doc editing app with it + Dropbox and Evernote (And those are available for all other OSes)
    The 9700 only had 128MB RAM so was never designed to run OS6 hence the memory errors. That's why they brought out the 9780 with double the RAM.

If you're considering a Torch avoid the 9800 and get the 9810 which is designed for OS7 and gives a much better experience. Faster CPU, double the RAM (512MB), higher res screen, better camera.

Of course these would need to be the right price as none will upgradable to BB10, and obviously they're no match for WebOS. But if you must have a non-HP vertical slider, your choices are pretty much limited to the Torch or the Dell Venue Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post

If you're considering a Torch avoid the 9800 and get the 9810 which is designed for OS7 and gives a much better experience. Faster CPU, double the RAM (512MB), higher res screen, better camera.
    Yes - my Torch is the 9800...enough said!
    the 9800 is what? almost 2 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    the 9800 is what? almost 2 years old.
    Yes, just like the iPhone 4 and a ton of other Android phones which are much easier to use...
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Like a few other people on here, I STRONGLY recommend against buying a Blackberry Torch 9810, or any BB smartphone currently available. I have devices for many of the current mobile OS's, and IMO Blackberry 7 OS is by far the worst, for everything besides email. I'd buy a Palm Pre 2 off eBay, or look to buy a Windows Phone, an iPhone, or an Android OS phone before I'd buy a Blackberry Torch if I were you.

NOTE: I have nothing against RIM; actually I have a Playbook and I think QNX OS is very good. However, BB 7 OS and its predecessors are badly outdated compared to other mobile operating systems IMO.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    All these threads about people dropping their phones.....I had a dream nightmare I dropped my Pre3 last night, and it wasn't good. Woke up, all better.
    ach, if I dropped my pre3, I'd just use my veer
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    ach, if I dropped my pre3, I'd just use my veer
    I can say I have a spare pre 3 . But more importantly I have dropped my phone onto concrete 3 times onto the road when fumbling to the car at least twice. I did loose the little piece of metal in the p of the hp logo on the back . But no other damage or mark on it . The phone hit glass down twice, there is nothing wrong with this hardware. Except Leo never got his head out of his....well you know the rest . Lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12