Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i've gone through the case of braking the sim card insert copper's after yanking out my sim with a micro adapter. I've just bought this phone less than a week ago, and i've loved every second of having it and really want to fix it. Does anyone have a broken pre 3 than i can use to replace the sim card insert ? ill happily pay for postage and pay for the pre 3 ...just love it too much to let it go that easily
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Are you saying you had a microsim in an adapter and pulling it bent/broke the sim pins? If so then OUCH and tell me which adapter so I don't use it. I once got one stuck in there but carefully used a pin to push the sim pins in and extract the adapter.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    not finding many solutions to this problem, i'm going to try and repair it myself

i was thinking, if i was to solder a sim contact from another phone onto the missing ones on my pre 3 (just thought i'd mention, the 2 broken contacts still have a little millimetre sticking out) would that repair it anyhow, or does it have to be the specific Hp pre 3 part?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by han_si View Post
    not finding many solutions to this problem, i'm going to try and repair it myself

i was thinking, if i was to solder a sim contact from another phone onto the missing ones on my pre 3 (just thought i'd mention, the 2 broken contacts still have a little millimetre sticking out) would that repair it anyhow, or does it have to be the specific Hp pre 3 part?
    they're a wiper contact of some sort - almost certainly a standard part if you can find the source - I don't mean the wipers themselves, but the whole sim slot.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0