Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The pre 3 on bell is simply awesome.
    Paid a boatload for a VZ Pre3 -- and it was worth it! Love the phone, lots of good apps, good build quality, snappy performance, feels good in the hand. Great upgrade from the Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have an iPhone 4S, Nokia N9 and a my first choice is always my pre3...nothing touches webOS for my on the go business life...one handed, swipe, hardware kb beauty.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Still loving my phone. I wouldn't trade it for anything. <3
    I was starting to switch to a Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile, but my Pre3 is now my primary phone. The Pre3 is on at&t, though.

I finally got a Mugen 2800mAh battery for my Pre3. It works great!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Pre 3 lover from HK. However, the microphone doesn't work. I hope I can find a shop to repair (in China). Now, used Android for a week. Really want to throw it - every time when I need to type or search!

P.S. Somehow I hate Steve Jobs for "cheating" human that on-screen keyboard is superior to physical keyboard (at the first iPhone release).
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    Pre 3 lover from HK. However, the microphone doesn't work. I hope I can find a shop to repair (in China). Now, used Android for a week. Really want to throw it - every time when I need to type or search!

P.S. Somehow I hate Steve Jobs for "cheating" human that on-screen keyboard is superior to physical keyboard (at the first iPhone release).
    Now that you mention it, does anyone has a part list for the Pre3? My idea here is for example, tonyw needs a microphone, What is the part number for that and is there any compatilble mic? I know many of the parts will be impossible to get, probably they were custom made for the Pre3, but I bet there are several common parts that would allow our Pre3s to last a lot longer whenever one of those parts get damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Now that you mention it, does anyone has a part list for the Pre3? My idea here is for example, tonyw needs a microphone, What is the part number for that and is there any compatilble mic? I know many of the parts will be impossible to get, probably they were custom made for the Pre3, but I bet there are several common parts that would allow our Pre3s to last a lot longer whenever one of those parts get damaged.
    I agree that it's very difficult to find replacement parts. But I know there are some non working Pre 3 being sold to repair shops in cheap price (according to the condition, maximum around US$130). I hope I can find one, or, more likely, the repair shop would ask me to sell my Pre 3 to him and try to buy/bid a new or workable one (if I wish).

Buying a new Pre 3 today maybe a bit "outdated", and I want to wait until Open webOS is released (hopefully in Set 2012) and see if any manufacturers are interested in it. But if it go to the worst case, I don't mind to find a new one (if still available) since none of GS3 nor iPhone 5 attracts me (Lumia 900 is better but still can't compare to Pre 3).
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    I <3 my Pre 3. I'm serious, best phone i've ever had and no one i know who has tried it can understand how HP dropped webOS with this lovely phone. It may have crap battery, but i love it and no phone on the market today tempts me to switch. Would take a portrait physical keyboard to do it atleast.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joyu12 View Post
    I <3 my Pre 3. I'm serious, best phone i've ever had and no one i know who has tried it can understand how HP dropped webOS with this lovely phone. It may have crap battery, but i love it and no phone on the market today tempts me to switch. Would take a portrait physical keyboard to do it atleast.
    I got the Mugen 2800 mAh battery. I'm on my first full-charge-then-run-down cycle to condition the battery (they say to do this 4-5 times to get maximum life) and I'm 30 hours since I took it off the charger with a full day's use yesterday and half a day so far today...bluetooth, Wifi, etc. and I'm currently at 28%. Yes, it makes it fat, but this things is going to get me to 2 work days between charges with real use...nice!
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Love the phone but only because of all the homebrewers out there who have built patches and workarounds to fix stuff that is not acceptable.

Love:
    Keyboard size and feel
    Data speed
    Simultaneous voice and data
    WebOS
    User replaceable battery

Don't like:
    Battery life
    Build quality of such a high end phone (although by far the best in the Pre series)
    Dwindling support and apps, etc.
    Lack of SD card storage

Hate:

WiFi
    Bluetooth functionality/car kit functionality/consistency
    HP's abandonment of platform after spending $1.2 B to buy.

It kills me to say this but why can't the hardware and software integrate and work like an iphone--and I hate iOS and Apple's "one size fits all" mentality.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12