Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not picking up any wifi signals with my AT&T Pre3 when I turn it on. The wheel keeps rotating but nothing is happening. I tried it at home where i have a router and my original pre nothing happens. I also tried it at work. It doesn't pick up the wifi signal in my jobs building or the near by sports bar that offers free wifi.

I tried a soft reset . Nothing, I tried hard reset . Still Nothing. Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    you might want to try the "Wifi Fix for Pre3" patch from Preware.
  3.    #3  
    I forgot to mentioned that I installed the WiFi fix patch. When I did I also installed the GNU and Lsdiff patch as instructed. Still nothing. Also I didn't mention that I have to go into the WiFi Preference to turn on the WiFi.
    Did you install any other patch ?
    Did you try the wifi when the phone was new (and had no patches installed on it) ?
    do you have any of the log muffle or cache optimization patches installed. I had some WiFi issues that seemed to start when I had those installed.

what patches do you have installled?
  6.    #6  
    I don't have any other patches other than the ones I mentioned before (Lsdell, GNU and the WiFi fix patch
    I have bad wifi on my pre when both the bluetooth and wifi are on. Apparently there is radio interference. Both work fine individually.
    The Wifi is a problem on Pre3, but it's more serious in 2.2.4 version. I remember when using 2.2.3 version had a better Wifi connection, after the upgrade via Doctor to 2.2.4 version, the wifi connection sucks.
    Now I went back to 2.2.3 for another reason, and tested wifi, and it's really better on that version.
    You have to make a choice, if you really need wifi, goto 2.2.3, but you there are posts that mention that this version consumes more energy.
    Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I have bad wifi on my pre when both the bluetooth and wifi are on. Apparently there is radio interference. Both work fine individually.
    I have had others confirm this as well, I always have BT on so I cannot confirm on my device.

In general wifi performance is poor though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    there is a 2.2.3 WiFi patch the guy from nam made somewhere around here that might work
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yep if you open preware and then list of everything, it is right on top "WiFi pre3 fix 2.2.4, it will revert back to the 2.2.3 WiFi settings.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yep if you open preware and then list of everything, it is right on top "WiFi pre3 fix 2.2.4, it will revert back to the 2.2.3 WiFi settings.
    It will improve some... but the reality is that it won't fix it. you need to be fully on 2.2.3 version to have better wifi experience.
    It could be something on the drivers that controls the wifi HW that was modified between the versions.
    I have tried the patch and have not been able to notice any real difference. I think it is great that GuyfromNam made the patch and I appreciate the effort but I still have a very frustrating time with WiFi. I can watch the signal meter change constantly unless I am a few feet or less from my router. It seems even worse on the wireless n frequency than g.

I just don't get how this happens on what was to be a high end device. Clearly it is not a hardware problem because it worked better in earlier versions of the OS. And I don't kid myself that HP will ever address it. If the homebrew community doesn't find a fix then we are stuck I am afraid.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I have never had great WiFi on the Pre3, and I do believe part of it must be hardware. Pre2 on various versions including 2.2.4 is way better, and Veer on 2.1.2 is way better. This isn't just a software issue, also with people reporting turning off BT helps WiFi connection makes me think there is a hardware issue there.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Wifi on 2.2.0 seemed to work miles better than after the update. For me at least.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Wifi on 2.2.0 seemed to work miles better than after the update. For me at least.
    I have to admit that this is totally true. Range, strength , etc... all was light years better. Or , to say it differently, it was at it should be and as it is in any normal wifi appliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I have to admit that this is totally true. Range, strength , etc... all was light years better. Or , to say it differently, it was at it should be and as it is in any normal wifi appliance.
    Maybe they screwed/sacrificed wifi to get optimized energy consumption.
    So, there could be to options, a problem on the latest hardware firmware, or a problem in the drivers for the wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
    Maybe they screwed/sacrificed wifi to get optimized energy consumption.
    So, there could be to options, a problem on the latest hardware firmware, or a problem in the drivers for the wifi.
    The wifi (at least in my case) ends up sucking more battery because it is constantly trying to connect/stay connected, reminds me of Sprint Pre 3G modem battery action.
    Personally I've the feeling that the issue lies in the drivers ( I'm not sure but I think the firmware was not upgraded with 2.2.4 )... moreover the whole wifi and bt stack now cause the battery drain issue that a lot of people report ( with the task roaming at full power even if turned off )
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Any chances we'll have this problem fixed with Open webOS?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast