Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsy View Post
    Don't know if it will have the quality or durability of the Mugen one, but the charge lasts the same as my original...
    When it comes to Li-Po batteries, you should be a hell of a lot more concerned with safety than anything else. No-name batteries that come onto the market may work, but unless there's some reputation to back it up, you don't know what might happen to it down the road. Quality in no-name Li-Po batteries is all over the map from "stellar" to "may blow up unexpectedly" and in the latter case there's generally no legal recourse you can take with the manufacturer.

    I make it a general rule to always stick with first-party batteries or extremely reputable third-party battery manufacturers, but your mileage may vary.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsy View Post
    Hi. I bought Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3 - Batteries as a spare just incase my battery dies - I love my pre3, and the fact that no-one else I know has one!

    Yeah, the 'sale ends in ....' is a con, but at 6.81 delivered I'm glad I took a chance. Don't know if it will have the quality or durability of the Mugen one, but the charge lasts the same as my original, it charges with the mains adapter, touchstone and car adapter so I'm happy, and if the original battery lasts I may never need it.

    Just thought I'd post incase anyone is looking for a cheap spare.
    seriously though i hope these work. not like i can charge them. gotta use a power bank til i find a good universal battery chgr. and keep it plugged in all the time. dang we needed that pre3 touchstand.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    When it comes to Li-Po batteries, you should be a hell of a lot more concerned with safety than anything else. No-name batteries that come onto the market may work, but unless there's some reputation to back it up, you don't know what might happen to it down the road. Quality in no-name Li-Po batteries is all over the map from "stellar" to "may blow up unexpectedly" and in the latter case there's generally no legal recourse you can take with the manufacturer.

    I make it a general rule to always stick with first-party batteries or extremely reputable third-party battery manufacturers, but your mileage may vary.
    first party batts have issues too. they all come from the same place (a factory, not some craftsman shop) and it's how much add'l QC they pay for that makes a little diff, but not much. a charger i just tried melted a batt case overnight. coulda burned the house down maybe, who knows. and a piano could fall from the 7th floor and fall on my head too. so i'll wing it. for $11 i'm trying these cheapy batts just to keep on hand as spare juice that fits inside instead of an external bank. i'm gonna plug my mugen back in overnight anyway.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsy View Post
    Hi. I bought Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3 - Batteries as a spare just incase my battery dies - I love my pre3, and the fact that no-one else I know has one!

    Yeah, the 'sale ends in ....' is a con, but at 6.81 delivered I'm glad I took a chance. Don't know if it will have the quality or durability of the Mugen one, but the charge lasts the same as my original, it charges with the mains adapter, touchstone and car adapter so I'm happy, and if the original battery lasts I may never need it.

    Just thought I'd post incase anyone is looking for a cheap spare.
    Thanks for this! Just ordered one from their US store. Can't go wrong for the price!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Thanks for this! Just ordered one from their US store. Can't go wrong for the price!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Should have looked around their page a little more. Wasn't even aware they had a US store. Hopefully ordering from their UK store won't present any problem beyond perhaps an extended shipping time.

    Good prices, though! $25 for two Pre 3 batteries.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyAmiss View Post
    Should have looked around their page a little more. Wasn't even aware they had a US store. Hopefully ordering from their UK store won't present any problem beyond perhaps an extended shipping time.

    Good prices, though! $25 for two Pre 3 batteries.

    I got my battery. According to dr. Battery is has the same 1218mah design capacity as the original. It seems to work perfectly, used it today, charged it back up, seems great, can't beat it for the price, carry it with me and I'll never be sol when my battery is dead...
  7. merlin29's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #27  
    Hi, I have bought pre3 battery not HP one, unobtainable in UK
    from UK cell phone shop, there is a US site as well, but battery is sent from Hong Kong, about 10days delivery,
    it is same as original one and fits phone and charged up to 100%,price 10 GBP
    a reasonable priced spare,and worth having.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions