Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Is there any known fix or update to the Pre 3 being able to pair with more than one audio device concurrently? The Pre 2 was able to do it with no problems.
    If I pair the stock Bluetooth phone connection in my car, I am unable to also pair the blackberry audio gateway that is connected to the stereo. If I attempt it to connect to the second device, the connection to the first is dropped.
    Every other phone I have tested with has NO problem what so ever in pairing Pre 2, iPhone, atrix, lumia, g4alaxy s ii, galaxy captivate titan 2, etc.
    I am hopeful that someone would be aware of some kind of work around. Thank you very much.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    Is there any known fix or update to the Pre 3 being able to pair with more than one audio device concurrently? The Pre 2 was able to do it with no problems.
    If I pair the stock Bluetooth phone connection in my car, I am unable to also pair the blackberry audio gateway that is connected to the stereo. If I attempt it to connect to the second device, the connection to the first is dropped.
    Every other phone I have tested with has NO problem what so ever in pairing Pre 2, iPhone, atrix, lumia, g4alaxy s ii, galaxy captivate titan 2, etc.
    I am hopeful that someone would be aware of some kind of work around. Thank you very much.
    I figured I would give this one last attempt to see if anyone had any solutions... BUMP
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    It is a Javascript app thing. I have some edits that I made to get multiple devices. I will work on making it Preware-able.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    It seemed to me that the problem was the same with my Pre 2 running 2.2.4 and my new Pre 3. I've had to be very methodical on both devices when switching between my BT earpiece and the BT Link-To-Cell home phone system. If I don't DISCONNECT one before connecting the other, the BT stack crashes and I have to reboot the device in order to connect anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    It seemed to me that the problem was the same with my Pre 2 running 2.2.4 and my new Pre 3. I've had to be very methodical on both devices when switching between my BT earpiece and the BT Link-To-Cell home phone system. If I don't DISCONNECT one before connecting the other, the BT stack crashes and I have to reboot the device in order to connect anything.
    I have seen this in some cases but not all. Sometimes for me toggling BT off then on fixes it, other times I have to boot fun (fun when driving and trying to connect to car....).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Bluetooth can be finicky... I've run into issues as well. :/
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Bluetooth can be finicky... I've run into issues as well. :/
    I do want to clarify, that for the most part, day in and day out it works pretty flawless. Worst case is sometimes sitting in my drive way it hasn't disconnected from my home phone so it doesn't autoconnect when I fire up the car stereo (happened this morning), just had to hit the drop down menu and select the clarion deck as I drove away and all was good.

When I get home and walk in the house most time it auto connects back to home phone, when I'm at work and not connected to anything, I fire up my stereo BT headphones and they auto connect as they should. Overall for how many BT devices I have in my device (home phone, stereo headphones, audivox BT to mini plug adapter, clarion deck, toothpik, and TouchPad) I am very happy with operation.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    the PRE 3 seems to have bluetooth problem.

i can pair my Pre 3 to my Cardo G4 headset.

The Pre 3 tells me it is paired and connected, but it won't send the phone calls to the headset.

Any ideas ??

Thank you
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    It is a Javascript app thing. I have some edits that I made to get multiple devices. I will work on making it Preware-able.
    dkirker - any efforts that can resolve this would be much appreciated. Thank you for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by untungrugi View Post

The Pre 3 tells me it is paired and connected, but it won't send the phone calls to the headset.

Any ideas ??

Thank you
    When you launch the phone app check what mode it is in.... if it shows the normal phone logo, tap on it and see if it gives you an option for bluetooth. Should at a minimum give phone and speaker.
    bluetooth was (somewhat) solid on webos 1.4.5. Under 2.x, it sucks. Some of its more annoying habits on my Pre2 and Pre3:
    - always tries to immediately pair to whatever it paired with last when you open bluetooth. If it doesn't find it, it just goes into zombie mode and nothing will connect to it anyway
    - if bluetooth is up, and a paired device comes online, well, it's ignored
    - 50% of the time in my car it 'half-pairs' where the device is recognized, but no profiles load.
    - on my home xlink gateway, the audio does not connect while the remote is ringing. It then connects when the person answers. So you have to put the phone to normal or speaker mode while the phone rings, then switch it over after the person answers.
    - forget about bluetooth triggers in mode switcher. The only way bluetooth even begins to work properly is if you leave it off all the time and then turn it on and manually select your device.

ALL of these things worked just fine in WebOS 1.4.5. Regression sucks. Breaking things that always worked is even worse.
    : (){:|:&};:
    I have never had any issues with connecting a device like you are having. I am even able to read text messages on my BMW console. However, I have certainly had performance issues where there has been significant lag between car kit command functions and when it takes place on the Pre. And even worse, I am always getting a popping or clicking noise like 5 clicks in a row that cuts out audio while in my car. The cut out thing is really annoying and it seems like when it starts doing it I have to reset or doctor my Pre to get it to stop. It always seems to come back too. Does anyone else get this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I have never had any issues with connecting a device like you are having. I am even able to read text messages on my BMW console. However, I have certainly had performance issues where there has been significant lag between car kit command functions and when it takes place on the Pre. And even worse, I am always getting a popping or clicking noise like 5 clicks in a row that cuts out audio while in my car. The cut out thing is really annoying and it seems like when it starts doing it I have to reset or doctor my Pre to get it to stop. It always seems to come back too. Does anyone else get this?

Just a thought, have you turned off the auto-connect to touchpad in your BT settings. Probably not your problem, but it has been related to some funky BT issues on devices that are paired to a TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by untungrugi View Post

Any ideas ??

Thank you
    Check out this thread, he was having an issue with BT calls, turned out to be that sharing phonebook with his BT device was causing problems, might be worth a shot.

Veer and bluetooth hands-free speakerphone
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just a thought, have you turned off the auto-connect to touchpad in your BT settings. Probably not your problem, but it has been related to some funky BT issues on devices that are paired to a TP.
    I actually don't even have them paired at the moment since my last resets on each device. I do remember issues with that. Thanks for the idea though.

PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I end up accidentally pairing mine when I set the phone on top of the TP in the wrong (well right for pairing) spot. I have gotten more mindful of it though.
    treodoc755 likes this.
    to OldSkoolVWLover

no, that does not help, no changes.

i have been for quite some years on Treos and was very happy with them.

now, the Pre 3 is a very slick phone hardware wise but software is just crap if you compare it for example to Android.

i only use it for a 2nd phone, for main phone i use a galaxy 7.7 tab which i do not want to carry on my motorbike or if i go for beers...

anyway i was reading HP wants to go back into tablet development. maybe in the process they also continue with the pre series.

hope dies last...

cheers
    +1 on this issue.

I installed a Belkin CarAudio AUX in my car, hoping to use the adapter for music only and my Jabra headset for calls, the headset gets bumped off when the Belkin connects.

Although I'm not sure if it has to do with both devices have the A2DP profile.
    Toni, from what I have read you can only connect one device using the same profile at a time.... I believe this is standard BT protocol

All of my BT setups for audio, also take calls, so they conflict when still connected to the home phone. They also conflict with eachother if I forget to turn off my stereo headphones before hoping in the car.