Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trippster08
  1.    #1  
    I've recently acquired and set up an ATT Pre3 on straight talk (moving from a Pre2 on verizon). When setting up my account, the device wouldn't recognize my webOS account (saying it cannot find an account using that email). I next tried creating a new account, which worked.

While I was able to get the internet apn to work (before creating the new account by using a friends ATT sim), I have not yet been able to get the mms apn to work (but that is not my main problem).

Now, I cannot install any application from the app catalog. It downloads successfully, says it is installing, then states that the install failed, for all applications I've tried. I notice that when I try to log into my webOS account through a browser, my old one (that the pre3 didn't recognize) is still there, but my new one that I've made is not (it says "Email address or password is incorrect", even though I know they are not). When click on "Forgot password?", it says that there is no account with this email address.

Are the webOS account and app install issues related? I would love to be able to go back and use my original account, but I don't know how to get this phone to recognize it's existence. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this issue.
    I am getting the same issue.

I am using ATT and upgraded from a Pre 2. All the other functions work perfectly on the phone, Internet access, WiFi, Bluetooh... I even had one system upgrade.

I can not install Homebrew or install or update any apps.

Anyone any ideas.
  3.    #3  
    Luckily, I have been able to Homebrew, and had no problem installing preware or any applications through preware, it is just through the App Catalog that I cannot install.
    For whatever reason Quick Install and Navacomm do not recognize the Pre 3.

I have updated Java and downloaded the webOS Quick Install 4.4.0
  5.    #5  
    I've tried activating my old profile using impostah, and I get error messages "PAMS1106" and "Invalid user alias"
    I have no problem activating this same account on a veer using straight talk, it just isn't recognized on my Pre3. Help?
  6.    #6  
    So, I decided to try upgrading to webOS 2.2.4 with webOS doctor, and when I attempted to log into my original account, it worked. Thank goodness, now I can use the App Catalog again, while at the same time I don't have to rebuy all the apps I had.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trippster08 View Post
    So, I decided to try upgrading to webOS 2.2.4 with webOS doctor, and when I attempted to log into my original account, it worked. Thank goodness, now I can use the App Catalog again, while at the same time I don't have to rebuy all the apps I had.
    I will try installing webOS Doctor from another computer.

Thanks for the info.
    I finely got around to finding another computer to install webOS Doctor and all is well now.

I am now able to install and upgrade all apps on the Pre 3. My profile even updated to the new data.

Thanks again for the info.