Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Did you activate your webOS account and set it up properly on your phone?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thaks, Herrie.

    As I said, I'm not much for hard and software expertise.
    How could I check if I activeted my webOS accont and set it up properly?
    Should it be better I delete and criate again that account?
    If so, how can I do it, please?
  2. #22  
    Thaks, Herrie.

    As I said, I'm not much for hard and software expertise.
    How could I check if I activeted my webOS accont and set it up properly?
    Should it be better I delete and criate again that account?
    If so, how can I do it, please?
    Is there a chat online to dicuss about HP PRE 3?
  3. #23  
    You can try the WebOS Internals IRC channel if you'd like live chat.
  4. #24  
    had similar issue with apps unable d/l, and or update, so I followed the steps previously stated by johnsteffes and geekpeter, and now I have a non functioning app cat. for whatever reason now has found a home in the other tab in software manager, will not update, will not delete, when attempting to says, delete this item ? This item cannot be deleted from the phone, when tapped just offers a version # 2.0.23400 size 33.09m and to report a problem, which is seemingly useless at this point in time, I'm at a loss, and not looking forward to doctoring, using att pre3 with 2.2.4, thanks
  5. #25  
    Fixed!

    I had this problem on my Veer with WebOS 2.1.2: after the phone was Doctored, it would attempt download of HP Apps update.

    The update failed, leaving the phone with App Catalogg (yes, German spelling, with 2 g's, even though the phone is on AT&T in the US). The catalog, even if rolled back, did not work again and no apps could be installed. Every time I re-doctored the phone, the situation would return.

    I discovered that the issue was caused by the problem with expired security certificate for the phone (read more on that in the forums). The fix was to fool the phone to use earlier date and apply a liberal amount of reboots.

    Here is my procedure:

    1. Doctor the phone. Don't worry about configuring anything: attend to the catalog first.

    2. Very important: do not let it update the HP Apps Catalog, even though it wants you to do that.

    3. Launch Date & Time app (just-type "time"). Disable Network Time and set your phone to any date prior to the July 23, 2013 certificate expiry. For a good measure, I used a random date in 2012.

    4. Restart phone. Confirm that it shows it's date is in the past.

    5. Now launch HP Apps Catalog and in its search field type "Update". You should find the Catalog Update that way. Install it - this should succeed.

    6. Now you should have a valid security certificate for the catalog, but you still need to clean up.

    7. Launch Date & Time and re-enable Network Time. Make sure you get back real today's date.

    8. Restart phone once more.

    9. Download an application as test - this should work now. You are done.

    Good luck! Robert.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions