1.    #1  
    My Pre Plus & Pre 2 often got pretty warm while on my Touchstones (I have five of them: bedside, desk, living room, car, and work), but my new Pre 3 (VZW) seems to get burning hot.

I think I remember my older phones sitting somewhere around 45 C, but my Pre 3 usually hits 50 C easily, often hitting 52-55 and I'm really scared I'm gonna fry this thing (hit 60 at work a week ago which caused it to shut itself down!).

Even as I charge it now via USB, I'm at 49 C. I'm running Uberkernel, but only at stock 1.4 GHz. The only thing I can really think of is that I live in Tucson, AZ which gets pretty hot (already hit 100 F recently, though its been about 90 F lately). Yet my workplace is very well air-conditioned and that's where I had the worse problem.

I often turn off the data connection (and sometimes underclock it) so it has at least that much less to process and I usually turn the screen off too (so I don't even get to enjoy Exhibition). So...what should I do? Anyone else have the same problem and maybe have a solution? I'm all ears... Thanks. =)
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    My UK Pre 3 with it's original software stands on 50C and counting....
    I figure it's normal behavior
    My temperature while on the touchstone is btw 34 and 38 , depending on what's doing.
    Wi-fi on-off doesn't change those values for me ( but I've 3G off )
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Pre3 in the UK hovering over the 44 mark, but that is fully charged and it does get hotter when charging.
    - Stock battery (Mugen sent back for repair)
    - patched with Uberkernel but not o/clocked
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    That's really too high. Mine Pre3 on Touchstone is usually below 40C. ATT Pre3 though.

I think maybe you can try remove all patches and do a secure full erase to reset it to factory. Maybe that will help.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Yes it seems too high to me what you are experiencing.

However i turn every thing off when charging and rarely hit 40C in the UK.
    I also have the phone open with the keyboard exposed.

If possible i point a fan to cool it to extend battery life.
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    My ATT Pre 3 overclocked (A1 kernel) ondemandTCL setting min 768 max 1.9008 rarely gets over 33c. I undervolted everything as low as settings would allow. Mugen 1400 battery, wifi on at home, H+ data when charging in the car, bluetooth usually off. The highest I've seen is 47c when charging from 15% battery. I get exceptional battery for some magic reason (a typical 12 hr uncharged daily usage leaves me hovering @ 60%). I don't stream much, but when I do, I still never hit 50c. I have around 4 months with these settings and 44 patches installed. I can screenshot my govnah advanced settings if there is interest. I realize all devices are not equal, and maybe I'm just lucky, but my settings work excellent for me. I doctor about once a month and secure full erase every time I do. If you have issues, backup to your PC and start there. A monthly trip to the doctor keeps my device healthy and cool (literally). If I start to see any excess battery drain or heat buildup, I start by wiping and doctoring. It has worked every time. I usually don't drain past 90% for the first 4-6 hours of my day. Please let me know if I've helped or can assist you. Your device is definitely running way too hot.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    My ATT Pre 3 overclocked (A1 kernel) ondemandTCL setting min 768 max 1.9008 rarely gets over 33c. I undervolted everything as low as settings would allow. Mugen 1400 battery, wifi on at home, H+ data when charging in the car, bluetooth usually off. The highest I've seen is 47c when charging from 15% battery. I get exceptional battery for some magic reason (a typical 12 hr uncharged daily usage leaves me hovering @ 60%). I don't stream much, but when I do, I still never hit 50c. I have around 4 months with these settings and 44 patches installed. I can screenshot my govnah advanced settings if there is interest. I realize all devices are not equal, and maybe I'm just lucky, but my settings work excellent for me. I doctor about once a month and secure full erase every time I do. If you have issues, backup to your PC and start there. A monthly trip to the doctor keeps my device healthy and cool (literally). If I start to see any excess battery drain or heat buildup, I start by wiping and doctoring. It has worked every time. I usually don't drain past 90% for the first 4-6 hours of my day. Please let me know if I've helped or can assist you. Your device is definitely running way too hot.
    Yeah, judging from most of your responses, mine definitely gets too hot.
    I just doctored mine recently, but it's running just as hot now as it was before.

@matteebee13, could you screenshot your Govnah settings? I'd like to see if I can find a difference between ours and maybe find a solution. Thanks!
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    I have two touchstones. The one at work does tend to make my phone quite hot. The one at home has never made my phone hot. I had another one that got extremely hot and then died. This makes me suspect that it's the touchstone itself that causes it.
    32C overclocked OnDemandTcl 1805 (Ambient 18C)
    Otherwise sitting idle, 38deg on touchstone at 1.9ghz.

Off touchstone, about 34deg.

Full load can hit 60deg.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: