Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,

Did anyone else have problems adding accounts to Quickoffice on the Pre3? When I hit "Add Account," it pops up with an Error saying "You may have lost your data connection"...I didn't. I've tried rebooting and Googling, to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks!

-mtmjr90
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Yep I get the same problem. Come to think of it I think I always have. But I use Smart Office these days.
    Just posted the Lumberjack log regarding this error in the Pre2 thread:

Cannot Add Accounts to QuickOffice

So we are not alone, Quickoffice cloud options seem to be broken in at least 2.2.4 .
    I am having this issue on my Verizon Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetruty View Post
    I am having this issue on my Verizon Pre 3.
    This issues is across the board, PixiPlus (webOS 2.1.0), PrePlus (webOS 2.2.4), Pre2 (webOS 2.2.4), Pre3 (webOS 2.2.4), Veer (webOS 2.2.3 did not test 2.2.4). My TouchPad is not broke, I can add other accounts.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 05/03/2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I haven't yet tried contacting QuickOffice but my guess is that they'd refuse to help since I'm using an "unsupported device"...anyone with a Pre 2 tried contacting either them or HP?
    seems someone has informed them, works now:
    Cannot Add Accounts to QuickOffice
    well not working again for me
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    well not working again for me
    Same here on VZW Pre3.
    picsel smart office is the cure. Forget quick office
    Same issue for me as well. Seems Quickoffice might have forgotten us Pre 3 owners. My TouchPad works fine as well. Would be nice to have Quickoffice functionality again on my Pre 3.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Submit a support ticket on the QO website. I did. We'll see if they respond. Alos, I can't get Picsel Smart Office to link to my Dropbox account, and Google Docs is not an option in Picsel. I need access to Google Docs, and QO was the only way to do it easily. Ugh.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    it's definitely an annoying error. Here I was hoping I'd search the forum for an easy fix.

I guess I'll have to wait.
    Any news here? I also wrote them, but no effort. This is really a crap! You relly on an App, just to find it out it wont work. Any hints to use Drop Box and or Google Docs (Drive) on the Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
    Any news here? I also wrote them, but no effort. This is really a crap! You relly on an App, just to find it out it wont work. Any hints to use Drop Box and or Google Docs (Drive) on the Pre 3?
    Use droboxify for dropbox.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I found a post in the QO support forums... Maybe if enough of us raise our hands, they'll fix it!!!

http://gsfn.us/t/31d3u
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am facing the same problems. QuickOffice works, but the connection to any account like Dropbox does not work. Are there any suggestions?

Thank you and best regards!

Fred